FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Rotem_n
compression
on Feb 4, 2006 at 2:40:32 pm

Which way is the best one to compress you reel?
I use Os 10.3.4
My reel is 35 mb, using sorenson3. what to do?

Return to posts index

cow
mYthprod
Re: compression
on Feb 5, 2006 at 9:07:41 pm

I would use quicktime mov or mpg.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

SydneyS
on Feb 7, 2006 at 1:14:37 am

Do you mean, what is the best software used to compress with? You're probably using Compressor, are you exporting directly from the timeline? The problem with Sorenson 3 is that the version that comes bundled with most software applications is not nearly as good as the standalone version you have to pay for separately, but the standalone version is very good! If you've just starting out compressing files, I would stick with the basic presets, see what those give you, (Pixelization Vs. File size) and try to stick with the presets that allow for streaming your video. Then, once you get a good handle on how it all works, try messing with the settings.... It takes a long time, sometimes, to get the results you want.

Return to posts index

Allegro
on Feb 7, 2006 at 4:43:58 am

I don't know how long your reel is, so that may be a reasonable size if you have a 3 minute reel

My reel is 1 minute, and I don't feel comfortable compressing it any lower than 9.4 mb simply because I want to retain as much quality as I can, and it streams fine.

Assuming this is for your website:
The settings I find work well from Premiere, are Sorensen 3, with around 30% quality, 30kbs bit rate, 24 fps, 400x300 (I've heard that ratios that are divisible by 4 compress better for some reason). Turn on the compress header, and prepare for web streaming
QDesign seems like a good sound compression... I compress sound as low as it goes... but it doesn't seem to save that much in file size.

The quality, and bit rate could go down, as could the proportions if you wanted to offer a high/low quality option for downloading/streaming

Return to posts index

Rotem_n
on Feb 7, 2006 at 9:35:42 pm

Thank you guys! I'll try that and upload it soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]