FORUMS: list search recent posts

New online reel ...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DiPalma
New online reel ...
on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:19:30 am

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks for your time ... http://www.nicdipalma.com

Return to posts index

Drizzt_G
Re: New online reel ...
on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:01:14 pm

I like it a lot and I have nothing negative to say about it. Good job.

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Vinnie
on Jan 31, 2006 at 2:26:50 pm

I like it as well. I also like the website. Its simple, good looking, and doesnt waste my time.

I never have anything negative to say when I am critiqueing reels...that is not what it is about. Its about communicating and helping.

So the only suggestion I would have is its just a bit too long...it dragged just a tiny bit for me. It might not be too long it might just need something towards the back half to keep it from being too repetitive.

Good work...looks great.
vinnie

Return to posts index

tristan tumble
on Jan 31, 2006 at 2:34:52 pm

very nice reel. if i had any real feedback, is that its a tad long. Maybe loose some stuff from that channel, seems like you've done the most work for them, and the shot where you show the lower third...after everything else on your reel, i think its safe to assume you can pull off a lower third graphic, so i'd loose it.

good job!

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Feb 2, 2006 at 9:05:34 pm

forgive my stupidity, but what's a lower third graphic and why is it technically difficult?

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

tristan tumble
on Feb 3, 2006 at 9:38:29 pm

a lower third is where you put text info... its a small graphics that comes up over the video and the text goes over top.

usualy to introduce people...etc.

Return to posts index

Tim
by
on Feb 1, 2006 at 4:33:54 pm

I agree the reel's a bit long. Losing the lower thirds would be helpful. Also, when I went to your site, I really wanted to click on the images below (the screen grabs). Hopefully you'll have links to those pieces. Also, at the beginning of your reel (your slate) where you transition between words "motion/promotion" etc. It might look nicer if it was a bit quicker, and/or smoother. Not a big deal though.

Overall cool stuff. I really like the pentagon channel stuff.

Return to posts index

maxrez
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:21:30 pm

Nic,

Great job! I agree with the length and the other comments, but wanted to add a comment about the lack of an eMail link and other links on the website. I assume it is in transition.

Steve

Return to posts index

DiPalma
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:39:05 pm

Great feedback, everyone. Again, thank you very much. And thank you for maintaining a respectful, constructive forum for beginners and experts alike.

The website is in transition. It will be much deeper and contain a portfolio of identity, promotion and print design. Check back in a few weeks and I'll re-post. For now, just a splash page with a link to the reel will have to suffice.

I will edit the reel to under 2 minutes and delete the lower thirds. I was under contract to launch the Pentagon Channel in 2004 and they decided to keep me for 2 years, so that is why you see a lot from them. I've recently gone out on my own and business has been great. I have several new pieces to replace old material into an updated reel ... always a work in progress.

Thanks again, and best of success to everyone!

Nic

Return to posts index

Dex Craig
on Feb 7, 2006 at 6:19:20 pm

Very nice work. The only suggestion I would make beyond what's already been said is that the opening graphic -- text swapping describing what you do -- could use just a tiny bit of motion on the background -- maybe even a little push in. (Better would be a very subtle 3D move in on the flowers.) I liked seeing the opening element repeated at the end with the butterfly.

Very nice work, as I said before.

- Dex

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
on Feb 10, 2006 at 2:15:42 pm

solid work... i agree with the others way to long... u seem to hold on clips alot longer than needed... and that music made it boring as hell, i say get rid of it... sounds like cheasy stock music... u need something more upbeat...

Return to posts index

SmirkingTurk
on Mar 14, 2006 at 8:02:16 pm

Really nice, one of the best reels I've seen! Just out of curiousity though- what apps. do you do most of your editing and effects on? (Avid, FCP, AE, etc?) I was blown away by your work. It merely reinforces...I have a lot to learn, and I was curious where you focused most of your effort.

I'm mostly self-taught and am trying to figure out where I really need to start focusing my energy and training to eventually be able to pump out work as nice as the stuff in your reel.

Thanks,
Turk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]