FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD program?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. Jones
DVD program?
on Jan 27, 2006 at 10:01:07 pm

I'm looking to purchase a DVD authoring program. But before I do, I need to get feedback from real users and DVD authorers. I've heard good things about Encore. Please feel free to give me your thoughts. I just want to make the right decision.

I'm using a PC and AVID Xpress Pro.

What's the best for pc? adobe encore? Procoder? DVDstudio pro?

any other programs?

Thanks guys.

M.J.

Return to posts index

George Loch
Re: DVD program?
on Jan 27, 2006 at 10:13:03 pm

Well, first of all DVD SP is a mac-only tool so, unless you have access to a mac then that's out (which is too bad as it is arguably the best in this price range).

Now there are many authorign tools on the PC and I think most will be sufficient. Encore boasts amazing Photoshop integration which is a great workflow. There is the Xpress Pro powerpack that comes with Avid DVD. That will allow you to chapter point in the avid timeline and export. However, the powerpack includes more than this and therefore will cost $1k.

I personally prefer DVD SP and will move my pc projects over to the mac for that purpose. I would choose Encore second for authoring. I use cinemacraft's encoder for my mpeg2 generation btw.

-gl

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jan 27, 2006 at 11:40:24 pm

I would get the DVD package that integrates with your editing software. If it's too expensive look at encore. Encore integrates well with photoshop and after effects and premiere.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:09:34 am

ReelDVD is good .. doesn't come in the Avid package ..?

Return to posts index

SydneyS
on Feb 7, 2006 at 3:24:09 am

Reel DVD comes with some bundles of Avid, but not all... What I personally do, if I am using Avid Xpress, is that I will export a reference file, (No rendering) convert a MPEG file with Sorenson Squeeze, (I use this as it gives me the most control and in my opinion, the best looking MPEG Video) I create the menus in Photoshop, Combustion, and 3DSMax... Then, I use Encore to create the interraction of the menus and such... No rendering of the video after Squeeze, Encore recognizes the MPEG file, and does not convert it... I've made some extremely complex and graphics intensive menus, and this combination of software has worked for me... That is, when it doesn't crash... But, don't let that deter you... I've never come across software for ANY intensive graphic use that doesn't crash...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]