FORUMS: list search recent posts

Got a DV camcorder where do I start first?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddee215
Got a DV camcorder where do I start first?
on Jan 16, 2006 at 10:48:28 pm

So I've got a new camcorder and I want to start shooting and editing live footage to use with some motion graphics work. Any ideas how I should start out or maybe a website I could get some beginners tutorials

Return to posts index

Johnny
Re: Got a DV camcorder where do I start first?
on Jan 18, 2006 at 3:20:43 pm

That's a very broad question.

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Do you currently edit/mograph? What software or access to such do you have?

johnny
Editor
Ck and Co Media Productions

Return to posts index

Eddee215
on Jan 20, 2006 at 12:24:03 am

i use after effects avid free and flash8 along with some other graphics and 3d programs. I have a good handle on creating motion graphics inside after effects with trapcode and zaxwerks along bringing in items from flash photoshop, and illustrator. I want to now bring in dv footage and apply all that stuff to the dv footage

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:48:23 am

My suggestion would be to first learn to edit. Premiere, vegas, perhaps a cheaper alternative. Get a cheap firewire card for your computer.

Then learn still graphics apps like photoshop. Then perhaps a DVD package like Encore. You might want to squeeze some sound training in there somewhere if you can with maybe sound forge or audition. Acid might be fun for making your own music tracks.

Once you've gotten your feet wet learn a compositor like combustion, after effects or digital fusion. After your brain is goo you can move on to 3D with maya, 3d studio, xsi or lightwave.

You'll eventually slow and maybe stop on a field you're interested in and hopefully make enough to keep some clothes on your back. ;-)

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Eddee215
on Jan 20, 2006 at 12:28:01 am

I've got most of those programs you mention and I'm good at doing motion work inside after effects bringing things into it from flash photoshop, and illustartor and bryce. I want to now use all that knowledge on dv footage. I have trapcode zaxwerks, and borisred,and fx I guess I'm looking for some tutorial help to get started or just some one on one help

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Jan 20, 2006 at 7:31:55 am

what do you mean by you want to apply all of that to dv? seriously curious, because you're still being broad.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

Mike James
on Jan 23, 2006 at 4:13:42 pm

Sounds like you have all you are missing is inspiration and direction. You already bulletpointed your skills so the only thing you seem to be lacking is subject matter. This is pretty personal and no matter what anyone might suggest you are still going to need to find direction internally.

The "where do I start first" is so broad as was pointed out already that nobody has any idea what you are really asking for. Inspiration? Subject matter to put in a reel? , etc. I'm sure if you were much more detailed with your question then others would be happy to provide input.

Mike James - VFXpodcast.com
Avid Xpress Pro ::: Avid DVD ::: Avid FX ::: Avid 3D ::: ProTools 7 LE

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jan 27, 2006 at 11:38:58 pm

If you want to use that knowledge on DV footage it sounds like you want to edit. See first step in my previous post.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]