Windows : http://www.markval.com/demo/demo2_w.wmv

Tx!
Regards!
mark

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Re: Version 2 : Need comments for my first Demo REEL
on Jan 15, 2006 at 6:14:00 pm

Your reel looks great, although my feeling is that the compression could be better, possibly by shrinking the frame size to account for increased resolution. ONE note: your logo looks a BIT like comcast's.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

Johnny
on Jan 18, 2006 at 4:11:36 pm

Enjoyed the reel, liked the transitions between sections, subtly showing some more mograph skills. Thought the cartoon guy was too much upon second viewing, same thing with the trucks.

Perhaps you could do the "3toon render" "Green screen" labels on the first one, while showing the entire animation.

Also right near the end, you showed a box with letters on it. To me that seemed sort of lost, without context and it comes and goes really quickly, gave me a "what was that? confused?" sort of feeling.

Nice work overall though
Johnny Cuevas
CKandCo Media

Return to posts index

thewanggao
on Jan 20, 2006 at 7:25:27 am

Hey Johnny, you're from Grand Rapids? I'm just a high school student, but what's the creative industry like in Michigan?

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

Johnny
on Jan 20, 2006 at 4:40:27 pm

Alexander,

Well I'm in Western Michigan, so it's a pretty small industry. Mostly around here it's corporate work, probably the same for most mid-level cities. You won't find major production around here, but we have 2 editors here and we are always busy doing the corporate, training, company overviews ect.

Like most places spot work really has dissappeared since most cable stations will do them for cut rate prices or free and then sell the air time. Detroit does some major production, mostly related to either sports/auto industry.

What are you looking to do?

Johnny
CkandCo Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]