FORUMS: list search recent posts

rough reel, feedback?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AFMeck
rough reel, feedback?
on Jan 6, 2006 at 1:37:08 am

I'm trying to nail down a new reel to help me find some freelance vieographer gigs but I've looked at the thing so many times I can't comit to a final cut.
I was hoping to get some feedback before I wrap it up like what works/doesn't work, too long and/or slow paced?, and anything else that comes to mind. I'm not gonna take it personally.
Sorry for the rough cut. It's about 1:40 without an intro or contact info.
Thanks.
-Adam

link: http://media.putfile.com/rough-reel

Return to posts index

seattlefilmmaker
Re: rough reel, feedback?
on Jan 6, 2006 at 3:09:34 am

SOme of your footage is really, really nice. I'm a big fan of wolderness stuff, although I wouldn't say I'm "into it", per se. The only gripe I have is the shots of Native Americans...it's all Cine-Scope, and looks bad. I think I'd rather see the black lines of widescreen than to see it stretched; perhaps you could pan and scan it instead? I truly HATE to say that, but it might work better. Could be hard on those tighter dancing shots, though. I can see how doing something different could be odd. I'd have to see it.

The ending's a little flat compared to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through, you might wanna punch it up a bit there.

Looks great, though. Good use of available light.

-E

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

-John Donne

Return to posts index

AFMeck
on Jan 6, 2006 at 7:22:47 pm

E-
Thanks for the input.
I forgot to mention that I still have some letterboxing to do on the stretched footage-it's originally 16:9 and will be squished back down when converted back. Also, it looks best viewed in a 320x240 player which was the original size of the quicktime file. I'm not sure why it opens in a 480x360 on putfile.
I'm glad to hear that you like it but I'd also like to know what I can do to make it better. I'll probably add some stills to the end with my contact info.
Thanks again.
Any advice helps.

-Adam

Return to posts index

seattlefilmmaker
on Jan 6, 2006 at 3:10:25 am

Some of your footage is really, really nice. I'm a big fan of wilderness stuff, although I wouldn't say I'm "into it", per se. The only gripe I have is the shots of Native Americans...it's all Cine-Scope, and looks bad. I think I'd rather see the black lines of widescreen than to see it stretched; perhaps you could pan and scan it instead? I truly HATE to say that, but it might work better. Could be hard on those tighter dancing shots, though. I can see how doing something different could be odd. I'd have to see it. It's good footage, though.

The ending's a little flat compared to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through, you might wanna punch it up a bit there.

Looks great, though. Good use of available light.

-E

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

-John Donne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]