FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feedback on my reel (Not really finished)

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Percheron
Feedback on my reel (Not really finished)
on Dec 20, 2005 at 8:28:12 am

Hi everyone...

after being a long time reader of your forums i have finished my first reel , not at all, but i would like to get some feedback from you people from here before i make it on my page.

Notice that its not really finished and i have to crop top and bottom a bit and also play whit the color correction.

I wanna know if it works for an Avid editor and sometimes Combustion and AE graphics. Also if its too long or not, or anything that its wrong.

Thanks to all in advance

Here you can watch it.

http://www.putfile.com/percheron

PD: 20 megas/2 minutes video. All kind of feedbacks are welcome!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Feedback on my reel (Not really finished)
on Dec 23, 2005 at 5:47:58 pm

Hrmm ... I haven't watched your demo reel but thought I'd offer something. In our business it's very difficult for clients to imagine how it would look if something were finished, even if it's close, and there's no way your company would allow you to send something that's not finished off to a client for approval. You have to finish it, send it to client, they make revisions and you re-do it. It sucks but it's very much a real fact of life. Yes it's more work for you and less for the client. Get used to it. It's aggravating but it will always be that way.

Treat your reel like work that's sent off to a client. To not finish just provides excuses for your ego. Don't mean that to sound harsh.

Just my .02.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Percheron
on Dec 23, 2005 at 6:42:45 pm

HI Jhon!!!

I

Return to posts index

Chris Holland
on Dec 29, 2005 at 10:06:51 pm

Percheron,

I really liked the motion graphics part. There was some cool stuff in there. My only negative response is that as an editor myself I feel like the editing section doesn't really show if you are a decent editor. Not saying that you are not but to me different shots to the demo reel music just seems the same as the first part except with less razzle dazzle.

My personal opinion is that if you are going for a job as a motion graphics designer cut the editor section. If you are going for a job as an editor who has to do motion graphics as well I would keep the Motion graphics part on the front and add either completed spots or segments of the actaul edited piece with audio and all. It's not as exciting as the motion graphic part but it shows you can tell a story with your editing or whatever you are trying to do with it. That being said the footage and everything does look good in that section.

Just my 2 cents. Someone may disagree with me.

Chris Holland

Return to posts index

Percheron
on Jan 4, 2006 at 12:47:02 pm

Thanks for your reponse.

Am more editor than motion graphics designer, but the last time am really so much initerested on motion graphics part. You are so right when you said that in the editor part i need to make more footage without cut, to let the people believe that am a good editor.

This is my first demo reel so i think that i will change nearly everything, maybe i will let some graphics stuff complete and i will add normal edited pieces. (most of them travel programs)

You are so right whne you said that the second part its not as interessting as the first one, so i have ot make the second one also nice, maybe without background music an so on...

By the way, am not english fluent speaker, so can u let me know what does it mean razzle dazzle????

I only have to say that here the level its so high and am so glad that u take your time to give me some feedback.

For sure a lot of people will disagree with you, but i have to learn stepa by step, i think like all the people.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]