FORUMS: list search recent posts

Promotional Reel advice

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Promotional Reel advice
on Dec 3, 2005 at 3:19:32 am

ok, i would like to build a promotional reel to promote Computer Animation/Visual Effects for a class that I will be teaching next fall 2006 for high school students. What I want to do is put together a bunch of quick scenes from various movies with visual effects (star wars, stealth, etc) just to give some hype for the students to show them what can be done with programs like after effects and maya and so on. I don't want to take credit for doing those effects, just something internally with some music. Its just a hype thing for high school students and I am not charging or getting paid for it. Is this something thats ok, just to get students intrested in the field of computer animation/visual effects as long as I don't pass the work as my own?

thanks

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Promotional Reel advice
on Dec 3, 2005 at 4:20:06 am

I personally wouldn't worry over the legalities or ethics over the work itself, I would consider more obscure work they might not've seen plastered on a blockbuster poster. There's so much work out there that can be grabbed and showcased and very little of it involves cinematic films and movies made for the masses. If you were trying to "sell" the idea of motion graphics to those who may not be interested in the field then yes I could see why this would be valuable. If your audience is already interested in it I'd try to get my hands on some well-built projects and put together a nice little presentation on how it's made. And keep the pace quick, remember short attention spans. :-)

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]