FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with compression

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Percheron
Help with compression
on Nov 28, 2005 at 2:50:10 pm

Hello everyone.

Am finishing my first demo reel and i would like to know wich compression settings should i use. I worked with Combustion, AE 6.5 and Avid xpress, and i will make the final render on AE 6.5.

I would like to know wich compression works fine and wich frame size should i use, for to make a demo reel for my personal web page.

The lenght its 2 minutes, 43 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Yussef
Re: Help with compression
on Nov 28, 2005 at 5:16:01 pm

Well size is totally not fixed. If you look at a bunch of different demo reels you'll notice they're all different. It's kind of up to you to find a size that is not too large to download but works for you. since your reel is a bit long I'd keep it sort of small. And for compression, sorenson is probably the best and most accessible (to users watching the movie) right now. I think After Effects has a setting. I've been using squeeze which is amazing at compressing video. But it isn't free.

Yussef

Return to posts index

Percheron
on Nov 28, 2005 at 5:23:31 pm

What about use quicktime compression or something like that?

And the frame size for sorenson?

I mean, a nice weight would be around 15mb-20mb , or something like that.

Do you think it can be possible?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Yussef
on Nov 28, 2005 at 7:35:57 pm

Absolutely possible. I have a one minute long reel that's 7.1 megs. And it's not bad quality. I'd play around with the settings. Yes you can compress quicktime that small but you can't use quicktime compression, you have to use something else, (like sorenson for example) quicktime will be the final outputted movie but it will have been compressed with something else. As for as I understand it.

Yussef

Return to posts index

Percheron
on Nov 29, 2005 at 2:58:25 pm

Thanks for the information.

Finally i cutted to 1 minute 53 seconds.

Am going to make the render and i will use quicktime with sorenson, but i would like to know wich frame size should i use, to have a nice picture.

The base is on 720x576, so wich size can work?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

TJohnson
on Nov 30, 2005 at 9:25:00 pm

As for a frame size, just stay with the same ratio for the two numbers, go with 360x288 for a good reduction of PAL for web. I have to also recommend the new h264 codec for Quicktime. It's amazing. Smaller sizes than sorenson and better quality, but even after downloading QT 7, some slower machines can't process the codec fast enough.
Good luck
Travis Johnson

Return to posts index

Percheron
on Dec 1, 2005 at 5:48:03 pm

Thanks a lot for the information, and also the quicktime.

One question. The quicktime free downloable version allows to compress with that quality? I mean the h264 codec? where i can get it?

Thanks a lot!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]