FORUMS: list search recent posts

Testing New DP Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Farris
Testing New DP Reel
on Nov 27, 2005 at 5:44:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I just finished throwing together a rough cut of my new DP reel, I still have to color correct and tweak a few things but before I spend a lot more time on it I wanted to get some feed back. So aside from color correction and the encode what do you all think? I'm looking for some constructive criticism on timing, music, shot selection, ect. Thanks for the help.

http://www.visionsoflightinc.com/pages/test_reel_1205.htm

Joseph Farris
Director of Photography
Visions of Light, Inc.
Office: 312-829-8244
Pager: 800.808.8244
Mobile: 630.306.8244
Fax: 630.690.7678
http://www.visionsoflightinc.com
joe@visionsoflightinc.com

Return to posts index

brian24DP
Re: Testing New DP Reel
on Nov 27, 2005 at 6:14:32 pm

Joe, I tried to play the reel but the video doesnt play. I have QT 6.5, and i checked your old DP reel and that played fine. Not sure if its just me or not, but i only hear music.

brian

Return to posts index

Joseph Farris
on Nov 27, 2005 at 6:36:35 pm

I actually labeled it worng, it needs quicktime 7. I tried the new apple H264 codec

Return to posts index

brian24DP
on Nov 27, 2005 at 7:42:25 pm

OK, i got QT7 and checked it out. Shot wise its great! I have always been a fan of your work, its great stuff... But in comparison to your old reel this one is way too slow. I think its just the music. The old one flowed really well, this one drags out. I think you should either use the same song you had used, or pick something similar to that. This one is a bit dark and just too slow, doesnt move the shots along.

Id really like to see this stuff once you CC it, it already looks good.

my 2 cents
brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]