FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feedback Demo REEL

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lalinde77
Feedback Demo REEL
on Nov 21, 2005 at 6:49:43 am

about to update my DP reel and wondering what others thought (honestly) about the current one i have up and what I can do to improve it (errr, besides add more meaningless stuff)

your opinion counts, make it precise, specific, and harsh if need be.

thank you

reel:

http://www.myreelonline.net/alejandrolalinde/

sincerly,
Alejandro Lalinde
Director of Photography
Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
Re: Feedback Demo REEL
on Nov 21, 2005 at 7:37:25 pm

Shots I didn't like were: Man on cell phone against red wall. Dude hugging the little girl. Man kissing woman near door in poorly lit room. The reason I didn't like them is they didn't seem to match the quality (lighting mostly) of many of the other shots.

I liked the shots that belong to the same original sequence. It shows your talent to define shots that make a sequence. for example, the note that is taped to the wall and the guy pulls it down to look at it. Nice.

Length was good. Music was awesome!

-tw

Return to posts index

HatkowProductions
on Nov 21, 2005 at 10:05:27 pm

Wow...I liked it all...I could have watched much more, but I think the length is good as is. Great music too. Well done!

Rebel Without A Crew

Return to posts index

person
on Nov 21, 2005 at 10:08:45 pm

i was unable to watch it. it wanted me to download to a new version of flash, but i can't download to a newer version of flash until i upgrade to a newer version of OS.

Return to posts index

Ed
by
on Nov 22, 2005 at 1:55:07 am

Pretty good. Can you get me a date with Jessia? : ) She's beautiful! ;)

Return to posts index

lalinde77
on Nov 22, 2005 at 2:07:46 am

who's jessia? uhhh?

Return to posts index

brian24DP
on Nov 22, 2005 at 3:12:48 am

I like the reel... being an Editor and DP as well i truly respect your work. its very good

Return to posts index

Matthew Watkins
on Nov 22, 2005 at 2:54:03 pm

I was just about to move on to something else as I was wondering if it was going anywhere and then you snapped me back in when the music changed. So I personally think the intro is a bit long even though it fits your music.

I also feel you need to remove the clips that have poor lighting, they stood out to me as it plays from the website, you can see the change in quality. Dramatic enough to catch the eye.

Take those clips out and I'll sit through another showing. Very good stuff.

Matthew watkins

Return to posts index

Michael DeMattia
on Nov 25, 2005 at 6:31:01 am

What was this all shot on ?

Very good looking stuff

Mike D

Return to posts index

lalinde77
on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:09:06 am

35mm some telecined on a Spirit, Super 16mm, 16mm, and a bit of DV footage with DVX and XL-1.

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:40:49 pm

Nice work.

I like that you try to show some diversity of shtos and setups. I assume your focus is dramatic work and this reel will help you get that kind of work. My only real crit is the opener. It's not coming off really well to me so, I would come up with a nice slate and leave it at that. As a DP you really want to draw attention to your work behind the camera and not yoru design skills ;) You may even consider having a designer create a slate for you. Soemthing with a nice type treatment of your name and contact info.

-gl

Return to posts index

seattlefilmmaker
on Jan 10, 2006 at 9:47:25 pm

Alejandro...your reel looks great. It definately looks like a movie trailer (my favorite kind: silent), and I hope that that doesn't turn people off. I like it, but I can see how some could be confused as to what this is. I'm not sure though.

You could possibly shorten the opening, where your name appears out of the water; it looks great, but it's length heightens the idea that I'm about to watch a movie, and I think that could have negative repercussions when someone sits down to watch what should be a "short reel" and not a "short film". I hope I'm making sense here, just trying to think like "they" think.

I'd hire you in a second after seeing that reel, though...some really nice shots in there.

-E

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

-John Donne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]