FORUMS: list search recent posts

It's Time!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Snyder
It's Time!
on Oct 15, 2005 at 7:57:55 pm

I have been watching the demo reels for over a year now and they have been a great source of inspiration. However, the time has come for me to post my own reel. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://campus.sou.edu/~snyderk/demo/demoreel.wmv

Kevin Snyder
cmimagery@charter.net

Return to posts index

Robert Houghton
Re: It's Time!
on Oct 17, 2005 at 4:59:18 pm

I would say it's about a minute too long in my opinion. You lost me about halfway through it. The good news is that you've got plenty of variety in there to keep things moving. I would try a different clip of music, something with more personality than techno.

-Rob

Return to posts index

person
on Oct 19, 2005 at 2:02:49 pm

post it in quicktime.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Oct 20, 2005 at 2:16:59 am

Id say its pretty god with the exception of the jumping frog piece. I agree make it a little shorter. the music is good but the techno thing is in all reels - make it stand out with the music as well.

Another thing you could try (and its what im doing to my reel right now) is somehow make all your pieces flow into one another. With that there's no hard cut between each one but the viewer clearly knows you've moved on. good job

Return to posts index

charles
on Oct 22, 2005 at 9:20:31 pm

Well done. Don't let people tell you to only use quicktime, and never use Windows Media.
Would you please tell me what software programs you used in it?

Charlie

Return to posts index

Kevin Snyder
on Oct 22, 2005 at 11:05:52 pm

Thank you for the compliment. I use After Effects, Cinema 4d, and Particle Illusion for most of my motion graphics. I use Photoshop and Illustrator here and there as well. I am farily new with C4D, but I really like the addition to my tool box. The combination of AE and C4D is priceless.

KMS

Return to posts index

Miller
on Oct 24, 2005 at 11:25:06 am

I see you've used footage from the Meyers' books...do you have permssion for that?

Return to posts index

Kevin Snyder
on Oct 24, 2005 at 8:32:50 pm

The material from the Meyer's book is old, I should throw it out. To answer your question, I did not get permission from the Meyer's to use the clips, however, since the footage they provide with the book is just Artbeat stock footage I do not see a problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]