FORUMS: list search recent posts

Comments Appreciated

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig
Comments Appreciated
on Oct 11, 2005 at 3:18:41 pm

This is a reel that I'm hoping to shop around for some freelance work. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give. Included on the DVD will be a little bit more info about the services listed at the end of the reel.

Check it

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
Re: Comments Appreciated
on Oct 11, 2005 at 9:15:45 pm

I like it - especially the graphical stuff. Didn't particularly like the camera vision stuff(school stuff/guys with swords), it looked a bit 80's and amature-ish (sorry).....you could probably cut it down a bit. Take out the not so stunning stuff (maybe like the 1,000,000 shot) so we only see the really cool stuff.

Cheers

Michael Duff -
Southern Cross Ten, Australia

Return to posts index

Ryan Koo
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:56:42 am

Yup--cut the opening footage, it just looks much worse than the rest of it. Start off with the motion graphics. Hope that helps!

Ryan

Return to posts index

Craig
on Oct 12, 2005 at 1:25:20 pm

It's actually 90's amateur...so basically it's Hi8 instead of Super 8.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I was sort of thinking that same thing. I was working on it last night, and I'll repost once it's revised.

Craig R.

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Oct 12, 2005 at 2:55:35 pm

Also something I think they above posts missed is the pacing. I feel like it put me to sleep a bit...the music didnt help either. The efx and the composits were very good but the way you present them, the montage itself is a bit cluncky and drags your work down. If you have an editor friend I would have him or her play with it. See if they can get a bit more emotion out of it.

Good work it looks slick.

vinnie

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Oct 13, 2005 at 3:08:15 pm

I think it's a great reel. Like the music...like the pacing...like the length. You've showed your talent which is the goal here. Nice job.

Return to posts index

Craig
on Oct 14, 2005 at 4:05:37 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback. I did revise it a bit. I tried a couple of different tracks, but decided to stick with the current choice. I did go for a more downbeat editing style, which seems to be the preferred method out there. Although, I personally prefer to edit on upbeats and other odd places. I also swapped out a few pieces and added a few others.

Revised reel, same link as before.

Return to posts index

Robert Houghton
Props for digging up some Robotech music for the reel :)
on Oct 17, 2005 at 5:07:29 pm

But it doesn't carry the energy as well as you need for this reel. You've got a good start there.

-Rob (heck I even read the Robotech books)

Return to posts index

Craig
Re: Props for digging up some Robotech music for the reel :)
on Oct 17, 2005 at 6:37:38 pm

Props for catching it! When I was thinking about doing a reel, I never thought for a second that picking the right music would be about the hardest part. I'll keep digging.

Return to posts index

Abehjha
Re: Props for digging up some Robotech music for the reel :)
on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:24:55 pm

I agree that the music seems out of place with your visuals, it's way too funky and the editing needs to be a bit tighter. By the way, what's the name of the song you're using? Could this be Bobby Byrd, cause it ain't James Brown.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]