FORUMS: list search recent posts

underground hiphop video

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Wolfe
underground hiphop video
on Oct 5, 2005 at 9:49:07 pm

i shot a music video for a brooklyn emcee back and finished editing it roughly 2 weeks ago, after a draft or two. there are some things that i'd definitely like to change about it, but what the client asks for, the client receives.

i'll not say anything else about the video at the moment, i'd like the viewer to make their own decisions about the good and bad and get back to me. while the video is finished and out the door, i plan on making the changes for my own peace of mind and demo reel. feel free to speak your mind, and thanks in advance!

there is only one video posted to his site, but just in case there's any confusion, the title of the song is "stomp."
http://www.packfm.com

and for what it's worth, the video was shot on sony's pd-170 and edited using adobe premiere pro 1.5

Return to posts index

Craig
Re: underground hiphop video
on Oct 10, 2005 at 9:17:26 pm

That video is hype. The graf wall and the basement abduction work well with the track. I like the Army of One color scheme on the letterbox. The basement footage is sort of an odd mix of the camcorder footage and the nightvision-looking green material, though. It's not the green that stood out to me, but the fact that it was a floating box within letterbox - without the context of coming from a camcorder.

PackFM sounds tight. I'll have to check him out.

Craig R.

Return to posts index

Mike Wolfe
Re: underground hiphop video
on Oct 13, 2005 at 3:30:51 am

thanks for the feedback!

i originally had the basement footage in like a "security cam" mode with a slight blue tint.. actually, the video has a bunch of things that are different, i sent the video to the director after i was done editing and he decided to change some of the things i did, i'm still mildly annoyed...but pack is happy with it, so i can't complain. like i said originally though, i plan to change things back to my way for the demo reel when i get down to editing that.

again, thanks for the look, hope you found a new artist to look out for!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]