FORUMS: list search recent posts

DEMO REEL - It's Mostly Animation. Please give me some feedback before I make DVDs.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J450N R3Z
DEMO REEL - It's Mostly Animation. Please give me some feedback before I make DVDs.
on Sep 30, 2005 at 4:00:19 am

I've been working as an editor / graphics artist for 8 years now and have decided to take the next step and look for a better job. I'm quite skilled and expereinced at

editing, effects, animation, DVD authoring, system integration, and support, but I'd really like to become completely immersed in visual effects and animation.

TALKING POINTS:
1.] Overall impression: [quality, flow, editing, relevance, theme, etc...]

2.] Web distribution:
I plan on sending most potential employers DVDs and using web video as a backup. The web interface up now is only temporary. I'm trying to get feedback so i can

recut if necessary. The clips are WMV9 and QT with Sorenson3 codec. Even tho the file sizes on these two files are quite large, I feel that any further compression

would have made the quality unacceptable. Any other format options or settings recommendations will be considered.

3.] DVD distribution:
I do some quality DVD authoring and will have demo discs available by mail. I plan on having consistent design throughout [demo, DVD menus, web page,

printwork]. As features of the disc, I'd like to include the demo, credits [crediting any work that isn't 100% me], and maybe a short tutorial of me creating one of the

composites from the demo. Are there any features or concepts you'd like to see on a potential employees DVD demo?

4.] Job Placement:
I'd really like to find myself working in a post-house or production environment that handles a variety of content. I'm very much willing to move [In fact I'm pretty

much excluding much of Texas as a possible location]. I'm interested in input on any such companies you might think would be a good fit for me. Aditionally, I'm

curious what sort of salary a person of my experience should ask for when approaching a potential employer for a full-time position.

Here it is:
http://r3z.biz/JASON/DEMO/

=JASON DORRIS=
jason@r3z.biz

Return to posts index

Biggie
Re: DEMO REEL - It's Mostly Animation. Please give me some feedback before I make DVDs.
on Sep 30, 2005 at 6:07:47 pm

hmm...took about 5 mins for the QT to load and I'm on a pretty fast connection. If I remember correctly it's about 39MB, seems pretty large for a demo reel, not too many people are gonna wait for 5 mins when they have other demos to watch.

As far as the actual content goes, there's some great stuff in there. I like the creepy nintendo theme to your intro. The whole thing seems a little long though. I think some faster cutting/diff. music could punch it up a little. Shorter reels are always better, they leave people wanting more. Hope that helps. Keep up the good work.

Biggie

Return to posts index

Mr. Bombdiggity
Re: DEMO REEL - It's Mostly Animation. Please give me some feedback before I make DVDs.
on Oct 1, 2005 at 2:42:06 pm

Very nice work. There's a lot of great stuff in there. The one thing that jumped out at me that I didn't like was the font choice for the computer network piece. Too plain. I also didn't care for the music but that's a personal preference.

Keep it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]