FORUMS: list search recent posts

FEEDBACK PLEASE on my Reel and Website!

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jgreenbaum
FEEDBACK PLEASE on my Reel and Website!
on Sep 27, 2005 at 8:16:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member as of today, and I just completed my new website and online reel. I have posted my production reel as well as my editing reel online as I am both a DP and an editor. Please let me know what you think and don't hold back, I need any criticism (and/or praise) I can get. Thanks again for taking the time to look, and I look forward to any feedback.

http://www.joshgreenbaum.com

sincerely,
Josh Greenbaum
joshgreenbaum@mac.com

Return to posts index

Robert Houghton
Re: FEEDBACK PLEASE on my Reel and Website!
on Sep 28, 2005 at 12:05:56 am

Nice shootin tex. You might consider shortening the reel though. I haven't seen the editorial reel yet however.

-Rob

Return to posts index

Matt
by
on Sep 28, 2005 at 4:50:05 am

Hey Josh,
Welcome to the cow, I could not see your reels as I run QT 6.5 Pro and
Do not want to buy another key for the QT 7 pro functionality...Will have to make the move eventually but I twitched and decided not to now...

Noticed your name from your PCTV days as I have been a freelance editor/producer in this area for 9 years, much of my work is from out of state...noticed that you are branding yourself as a story teller, thought you might like my approach when I branded myself.

http://www.mattabron.com

I like the E100 story, the best thing PCTV has produced to date, When I spoke to Stanton a while back and mentioned it, he quicky shared how LONG it took to make...shows that they will likely never really tell stories at PCTV, if that is what you want to do...good for you to get far away from that operation...I would love the opportunity to produce high quality human intrest stories locally, but takes more then a few hours, camera and a editing machine to pull off...oh well

How is LA treating you?

Well until I update my QT, that is all the feedback I can offer...

matt

Return to posts index

jgreenbaum
on Sep 28, 2005 at 7:12:21 am

Hi Matt,

You should be able to view the clips by downloading the free quicktime 7 player linked at the bottom of my website. Let me know if it doesn't work, but it should as others have been able to view it. And you definitely don't need to purchase quicktime pro, it should run just off of the quicktime free player.

http://www.joshgreenbaum.com

Regarding all of our park city connections, send me an email so I we can talk without boring everyone on this post with "inside" jokes and conversation :-)

thanks for the post and I look forward to hearing from you...

sincerely,
Josh
joshgreenbaum@mac.com

Return to posts index

rleyba
Shooting the sun
on Nov 16, 2005 at 1:20:58 am

Hi Josh,
...I enjoyed your demo reel and it was really the scenic shots that sold me. One curious thing though...you don't have to reply if it's a trade secret, but I noticed you have a lot of scenes shooting the sun....someone once told me that it could damage the CCDs of the camera, even with the protective filters mounted on the lens. What is your experience.

thanks

--robert

Return to posts index

jgreenbaum
Re: Shooting the sun
on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:12:32 am

As far as I know, it is not a good idea to shoot directly into the sun. That said, I have never been too concerned about shooting sunrises and sunsets, particularly with a good amount of ND filters in front of my lens. Generally speaking, with an ND6 or ND9 filter in front of your lens during a sunset, you are not dealing with that bright of a light. I am in no way an expert on this subject, but I have never had a problem. I would never lock off a shot on a midday sun as then you are just asking for trouble. But as far as sunrises, sunsets, and quick pans or moves across midday suns, I've never been too concerned...Just my (rather ill-educated) opinion though.

Return to posts index

kfredericks
on Sep 29, 2005 at 5:02:55 pm

My feedback isn't worth much. But here it is. You have absolutely beautiful shots. The visual quality becomes associated with you, which is great! My first thought was that you were showing some flagship shot and the rest of the reel wouldn't be as beautiful. But it was!
While I love the tree-rotation transition, the footage that follows, up until the down-hill field shot, isn't as beautiful as the rest of the shots. My first impression was not very good, but then the rest of the footage was so good, that I forgot about it - until I thought hard toward giving you helpful feedback. So take this comment for what its worth.
The time lapse shots are really great, though showing them more than once, draws attention to your usage of it as a visual techique. Not saying that you should remove any of them, just keep that in mind if you plan on cutting anything.
The rewind-golf shot is not interesting enough to make me forget that it is sort of an easy editing trick that doesn't win you any points.
Stars like Tony and Liz again gives you creditibility, as your Emmy touting does. Great to have em.
This is great, and it makes me feel good to criticize a reel that is far beyond anything I will ever have.

Return to posts index

rufuss12
on Oct 6, 2005 at 10:40:37 pm

Josh,

I think you should consider encoding your reel in a quicktime format that a wider audience can see. I use quicktime pro v.6.5 and am not able to view your reel. The free download of 7 will override my current version. Since I paid $29 for 6.5 pro, I'm not really moved to wipe it out just to see your stuff. It's nothing personal against you (I do need to upgrade to 7 pro) but it's always good to make your work available to as many people possible when you want to get yourself out there.

Sincerely,

Justin Allen
http://www.warehouseagency.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]