Feedback needed!
on Sep 23, 2005 at 5:33:49 pm

Thanks for your feedback!
Jay Leibowitz

Return to posts index

Jason Olsen
Re: Feedback needed!
on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:40:45 am

Very interesting! The shots look great. Music was cool. Made me wonder what the point was though? Maybe a trailer for a film? If this is your demo reel maybe have a wider assortment of shots? Looks cool though. Check my site out and give me some feedback. I do mostly motion graphic work. Oh yeah what were the settings on that quicktime file. The compression was great!

JOlsen

Return to posts index

cha0tix
on Sep 26, 2005 at 3:39:42 am

Thanks for watching and your thoughts.

I've just started editing professionally and I've only done the two short films. I wanted to give an engaging example of my work. Do you think dialogue would improve the sequence? Maybe a scene afterwards ...

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Sep 26, 2005 at 5:19:53 pm

Hi Jay,

It depends on the purpose of your demo reel. My first thought was that you were a shooter. The shots are nicely composed. But I'm not sure what you were trying to show in the way of editing. I did like the pacing and choice of music, but I really didn't get to learn anything about you as an editor.

Perhaps you could show a few scenes cut together, maybe a transition or two would help as well. Think in terms of someone looking for an editor...why would your reel make them say..."hey, here's a guy who knows how to edit!"

Why not take the same style and have titles that say, "Dialogue" "Transitions" "Montages". Hope this helps.

Greg

Return to posts index

cha0tix
on Sep 27, 2005 at 3:11:57 am

Great advice, Greg. I think I'll take it!
Thanks,
JL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]