FORUMS: list search recent posts

SHOWREEL here! Need feedback please.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sasquatch
SHOWREEL here! Need feedback please.
on Sep 20, 2005 at 9:53:55 am

Hi Folks!

I'm new here, just finished my showreel, please download it and tell me what you think!

http://www.jabbaworks.de/showreel2005_768k.mov

I'm a graduate from the "GERMAN FILM SCHOOL for digital production"
and am to become an jr. compositor hopefully soon. I am planing a trip to the L.A Area middle of October to go Job Hunting.

Please tell me what you likes or disliked in my reel, if you think something should be discarded etc.

PM's and email is welcome :-)
andreas@jabbaworks.de

cya

Andreas

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
Re: SHOWREEL here! Need feedback please.
on Sep 20, 2005 at 5:12:10 pm

I would get rid of ALL your introductory titles... they are distracting and slow down the entire reel. I would also pick a different song to open with. The second one was fine but the first one is too well known. Pick a better song, and just use a coupple of the best clips from all of your work. If you only worked on part of the peice maybe do a lower 3rd saying what you did to it. not an introductory title.

cheers,
Brian

Return to posts index

sasquatch
on Sep 20, 2005 at 5:53:38 pm

hey brian,

"I would get rid of ALL your introductory titles... they are distracting and slow down the entire reel. "

many studios (like pixar) request a board in front of the shots so tey can identify them in a breakdown-list. its a nice way to tell what i did on each film. besides it keepts it clean, i hate those furies montages in which you cant tell which shot is which. what do you think if them?

"If you only worked on part of the peice maybe do a lower 3rd saying what you did to it. not an introductory title."

what do you mean? i wrote on the boards what I(!) did, not what the others did. please explain.

"I would also pick a different song to open with. The second one was fine but the first one is too well known. Pick a better song, "

i tried to find one with entertains, is not too annoying or distracting. any idea?

"and just use a coupple of the best clips from all of your work. "

isnt that what i did? i mean did you find any perticular disturbing?

thx mate

Sasquatch

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
on Sep 21, 2005 at 5:57:48 am

many studios (like pixar) request a board in front of the shots so tey can identify them in a breakdown-list. its a nice way to tell what i did on each film. besides it keepts it clean, i hate those furies montages in which you cant tell which shot is which. what do you think if them?

-i get what you are saying, but yours take too long and slow down the peice... i would just display a lower third when the work is playing to explain what you did.

isnt that what i did? i mean did you find any perticular disturbing?

-example: the tracking with the text, the first thing we see goes on forever. cut it down to a coupple of the best shots.

You need to jazz your reel up, make it move faster, by about 30 seconds in i should be hooked, not looking at the time bar to see how much is left.

Return to posts index

sasquatch
on Sep 21, 2005 at 12:25:40 pm

hi ok i'll try that, the first thing (my dog eats beats) is simply the best (and awared) one i did, so i thought to show more of if. the other stuff is inferior to it in my view. what di you think?

Andreas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]