FORUMS: list search recent posts

News Magazine Style Editors Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Osika
News Magazine Style Editors Reel
on Sep 16, 2005 at 8:51:28 pm

I am putting together my first reel. It is geared towards news magazine style shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, and 20/20 as well as documentary style shows on channels like the History Channel and Discovery Channel. Much of what I've seen in this forum are reels with very quick cuts from various sources put to music. I'm doubting that this approach is appropriate for longer format documentary style work.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

promoboy
Re: News Magazine Style Editors Reel
on Sep 18, 2005 at 6:15:48 pm

Most of the demo reels here seem to be for motion graphics and 3D work. If you're looking to get a feel for a great editing demo reel, scroll down the page until you find a post by user name Reggie Prescott on August 28th. Far and above one of the best editor's demo reels I've seen here or elsewhere. Most editor's demo reels I've had the chance to view have take segments of shows or commercials, showing enough to give a feel for the editors ability to cut different styles--documentary, humor, commercial, long form--but always leaving the viewer wanting more. Usually wanting to see the whole piece or even more of the editor's work.

Michael.

Return to posts index

jeremy
Re: News Magazine Style Editors Reel
on Oct 3, 2005 at 4:02:52 pm

this is a good point. for motion graphics work the original audio is usually not needed and thus it's easier to get a good flow going with a continuos soundtrack. butwhat about if you have edited pieces and motion graphics in the same real? i know, i know specialize in one area, but it seams as production budgets get lower an "editor" is expected to be able to do more and more. obviously the big studios are still looking for specialized, but what about the smaller shops?

anyway, excuse the rant. how about something productive? has anyone seen any good reels lately that mix editing and motion graphics?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]