FORUMS: list search recent posts

Coments on my reel?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JamesP
Coments on my reel?
on Sep 16, 2005 at 4:34:42 am

Hey all, don't know if this is the right way to post, I've been trying to get things up here buit anyhow.. check out my reel and let me know what you think!
http://www.JamesPapadopoulos.com
Thanks!
James P

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
Re: Coments on my reel?
on Sep 16, 2005 at 6:56:53 pm

the only word that comes to mind is... bazzare. lol

I duhno, its original thats for sure, but honestly if you were trying to show off your graphics & or editing skills by the time i got to the end i had no idea what you did. There were all these cool looking shots, but that doesnt show any editing skills, then there were some cool graphics here and there, but mixed in with a bunch of stuff im not sure if you shot or if you just put in your reel to take up time.
Original none the less

Return to posts index

Justin gray
on Sep 16, 2005 at 7:26:49 pm

Less schtick, more content. It is hard to understand just what you are promoting about yourself. Shooting? Editing? Graphic design? Some of the scenes are just way too long.
However the "Faggot/Drag Queen" scene was frickin' hilarious. That is the type of clip that will make you demo stand out from the rest. You need to only put in the "punchiest" most "catching" stuff you got and do it quick. Pick only the spots that a viewer will remember after the reel is done. -J

Return to posts index

blackbudget
on Sep 17, 2005 at 1:56:32 am

LOL Very unique. I like the theme, maybe use about 25% of that extra stuff so you can get right to the work. Your concept is great though, if you do change it, keep this version on your site or make an entire piece out of the educational film stuff.

Return to posts index

joe
by
on Sep 21, 2005 at 2:42:15 am

decent work. Nothing spectacular but decent. The cuts however sucked. Fix your cuts and it should be alright.

Return to posts index

Scott Brignac
on Sep 21, 2005 at 4:05:34 am

Not too crazy about the site. Doesn't look professional. The reel is unique, but also lacks professionalism. Hope this helps and God bless.

Return to posts index

Dex Craig
on Sep 27, 2005 at 11:31:06 pm

Hey --

I loved the reel. As said above, enough of it stands out to capture attention. That said, it is kind of hard to tell what you did; for instance, did you track "heteroville" into the crane shot? If so, way cool. If not, I'm not sure what the shot is doing there. Might be a good thing to let us know what you did in these productions.

But I really got a kick out of the irreverant style and the old mental hgiene movies.

This would have caught my eye if it was in a stack of reels I was going through.

- Dex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]