FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blackbudget
First Reel
on Sep 11, 2005 at 4:21:55 am

check it

I am looking for some critical feedback. I am still in school and I will be continuously changing it until it's time to send it out. Let me have it.

The portfolio on the site is not completely up to date and is only temporary, the new one will be up shortly.

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
Re: First Reel
on Sep 11, 2005 at 7:48:54 pm

If you are still in school you are going to do very well for yourself. Your reel is great, you do good work. Its very 'up to date'

GOOD STUFF, keep it coming

Return to posts index

blackbudget
on Sep 17, 2005 at 1:46:33 am

Thanks for the response Brian. I guess this isn't the place to get constructive criticism. Anyone know of where I can?

Return to posts index

Johnny
on Sep 19, 2005 at 6:24:25 pm

For the most part I liked it, you showed a wide range of skill sets. It wasn't overly long to the point of boredom. Couple of things seemed out of place was the use of some video, the shot of the sun through the trees, the door opening, the barometer, while I could tell you did some work on them, I would not trust the average producer to know the difference.

Also you used some footage more then once, specifically the glowy aftificial tattoo shot early and late and the video to look like misaligned tube camera footage, loses edge after the first time.

For a motion-animator, I would like to see a bit more logo animation, even if it's logo you made up or just text stuff, it may seem trite to you and easy, but people who hire need to see that stuff.

Finally, stylistically, you use a lot of blacks, whites and dark colors, I know that is "in" right now but in conjuction with the music, it left me feeling down. Perhaps that's just me.

All in all though very nice work, if we were in the market for a motion/graphics guy right now, you would definetly go in the pile of maybe's.

Johnny Cuevas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]