FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reel Music

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
doodlehead72
Reel Music
on Aug 30, 2005 at 2:07:26 am

I am cutting my first editing reel, and am wondering what rules there are about using copyrighted music? Is it generally frowned upon? Is it acceptable as long as you give credit? Thank you in advance.

Darren

Return to posts index

maxrez
Re: Reel Music
on Sep 8, 2005 at 1:29:46 pm

Darren,

You have two types of work. Commercial and Non-Commercial. A demo reel in my opinion would be considered commercial. It is a tool for garnering new busines upon which you will receive compensation for. There is plenty of rights-free music and music creation tools out there like Soundtrack that would give you a customized solution. In fact the benefits of Soundtrack is that you could take credit for creating the music that is in your demo reel and possibly charge for music services for future projects. Hope this helps.

Steve

Return to posts index

doodlehead72
Re: Reel Music
on Sep 8, 2005 at 6:34:26 pm

Thank you so much for getting back to me! My gut told me exactly what you wrote, and I am glad that you re-affirmed my instinct. I am currently using soundtrack to compose an original sound, and find it very beneficial mainly because of the "Score Markers". Thanks again. Best of luck with everything.

Darren

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]