on Aug 26, 2005 at 12:53:37 am

updated my reel. please critique!
http://www.n2ads.com/demoreel.html

Return to posts index

Tae
Re: updated demo reel
by
on Aug 28, 2005 at 5:50:01 pm

Loooks great, but I have no idea what you are promoting. Editing, Graphics, etc...

Return to posts index

hockmasm
on Aug 29, 2005 at 12:07:03 am

motion graphics.

Return to posts index

hockmasm
on Aug 30, 2005 at 1:34:31 pm

why has only 1 person replied to my demo reel? are you all looking at it or passing it by?

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Aug 30, 2005 at 2:43:59 pm

Ok first...get rid of the music...its mindless techno that you put no time or creativity in choosing...it does nothing to seperate you from the rest of the student reels out there. I say student reel because that is what it looks like. You need to move faster from clips actually speed up the original clip. Alot of stuff is on screen too long and it drags. For example the title sequence for the groundhog day rip off...dont have such a big chunk of it on the demo. I understood what it was after I saw one title animate on and I actually thought it was some of you stronger stuff until it dragged on and I saw some uncomfortable video effects that did not work. The CNN stuff I would cut down dont give it all away at once make the viewer think that you actually did work for CNN...the way you have it now it looks like a student project not a professional one. Just tear it apart and cut it quicker and find some music that adds function. Also drop the intro....we all know it is a demo reel it takes too long to develop.

no hating just love...

vinnie

Return to posts index

hockmasm
on Aug 30, 2005 at 8:00:25 pm

what is the groundhog day rip off you are talking about? i haven't seen that movie.

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Aug 31, 2005 at 2:09:54 pm

Groundhog Day with Bill Murry?? Its about living the same day over and over. He kills himself a couple times....its great.

Return to posts index

Justin gray
on Sep 15, 2005 at 3:57:38 am

GET RID OF THE TECHNO!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]