FORUMS: list search recent posts

2005 DEMO REEL

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DeMattia
2005 DEMO REEL
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:19:54 am

I just updated my demo reel. I would like to know what you think.

Thanks for looking

VIEW 2005 DEMO REEL

Return to posts index

Michael DeMattia
Re: 2005 DEMO REEL
on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:27:08 am

This will make it easier than the link above.

Return to posts index

Jim Mulleder
on Aug 24, 2005 at 5:42:27 pm

Michael,

Some nice stuff, but I have no idea what you did to those clips, edit,shoot,colorist??? I like the opening and the whole montage but if I were looking to hire you, I wouldn't know your talents. I guess it depends on how it is presented. Perhaps some before/after comps...

Just some thoughts,

Jim

Jim Mulleder
Techical Producer
http://www.telestudios.ubc.ca

Return to posts index

Johnny
on Aug 24, 2005 at 8:11:38 pm

I agree with Jim 100%. I watched the real, but without knowing what you are trying to sell me, shooting, editing, I was lost. The pacing was nice, and I liked many of the shots(though some seemed repetitious), but without establishing some context or usage it's really hard to evaluate your work.

Good Luck
johnny

Return to posts index

Rob Griffiths
on Sep 8, 2005 at 11:08:03 pm

Hey Michael, i thought the intro was great, really attention grabbing and it continued well from there with good non-diegetic music that seemed to work with the clips but i agree with the other guys who said that it wasn't completely obvious what your role was and maybe a few clips from a sequence would have been good to have in there at some point - but all round i say thumbs up.

Return to posts index

rob griffiths
on Sep 8, 2005 at 11:10:15 pm

Hey Michael, i thought the intro was great, really attention grabbing and it continued well from there with good non-diegetic music that seemed to work with the clips but i agree with the other guys who said that it wasn't completely obvious what your role was and maybe a few clips from a sequence would have been good to have in there at some point - but all round i say thumbs up.

Return to posts index

Another Editah
on Sep 27, 2005 at 8:46:16 pm

Hey Michael - cool intro - great choice of music, i caught the sigur ros show in toronto a couple weeks ago. the cut is good up until the girl pops the sheets off of her. the build from there on in is too sharp to the climax of the flash cuts. what really throws me from the type of reel your trying to do is the guys lip flap. it takes me out of your visual story. i then want to hear what he's saying or what song its for. looks like you may have some shots in the flash montage that would be cool to add in a bit longer. very cool, pretty emotional and i could tell that you were cutting a bunch of things together but trying to tell a story. i would recommend a revision to the last third. the ending was cool too. look forward to viewing the revised cut.

Return to posts index

Biggie
on Aug 23, 2005 at 4:59:35 pm

Hey dude,
Freakin' great! I'm more of a motion gfx guy so naturally I thought your intro with the LED's was the best part, but your pacing and music choice was great too. Keep it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]