FORUMS: list search recent posts

DP Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian24DP
DP Reel
on Aug 5, 2005 at 3:42:50 pm

I just put up my editing reel... Im also a DP. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

http://www.24dp.com/DP_Reel.html
or
http://www.24dp.com/DP_Reel

Brian

Return to posts index

charles
Re: DP Reel
on Aug 6, 2005 at 10:16:50 pm

Nice shots, but the song was irritating;...... but that's my taste.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
on Aug 12, 2005 at 9:40:17 pm

I watched the first 10secs and stopped it. The music you used to start it off with has been in a VW commercials and a couple others if I remember right. Something just struck me as that being pretty bad. The video looked pretty good but I couldn't get past the music. I'll watch the rest but I wanted to let you know my fist impression :)

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
on Aug 13, 2005 at 5:38:33 am

What do you all think about me finding the instramental version of this song??? Is it just because the vocals cut through the music obnoxiously??

thanx for the input

Return to posts index

charles
on Aug 13, 2005 at 10:56:02 pm

Trash the song and find ANYTHYING else.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Brian24DP
on Aug 14, 2005 at 12:34:19 am

alright, thanx for the input, im glad you all seem to like the editing reel... Im going to find a better song and ill post up the new DP reel when its finished.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Aug 15, 2005 at 5:54:04 pm

I have to agree with yhe comments about your music choice. Just instrumental would be best. The other thing that struck me is your selection of shots. As a director, when I hire a DP, I want to see his/her talent over a wide range of samples. You seem to have a good style for interviewing shots, but I'd like to see more hand held moving shots that are steady. I also saw a shot of someone on stage with someone else's head blocking some of your shot. Not sure what you're trying to show there. My take is that you can frame up a shot well, especially when on sticks,

Return to posts index

Byrd McDonald
on Aug 19, 2005 at 6:06:35 pm

You have an abundant amount of work in here; I think your reel should be 3x shorter. I don't care for the ending with the soldier, either.

And, yes, this song must go far far away.

Impressed with your interview lighting. good work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]