FORUMS: list search recent posts

Showreel disclaimer

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Ryan
Showreel disclaimer
on Aug 4, 2005 at 11:49:53 am

I am putting together a showreel for a few friends who have worked for various places over the past few years. They are hoping to bring in work using this reel. Are there any disclaimers that should be in place to explain that they didn't do the work as a collective but with the respective companies they have worked for over the years. I presume some simple wording would be sufficient.

Any have any ideas

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Showreel disclaimer
on Aug 8, 2005 at 2:27:27 pm

Many showreels I have seen "float" wording in lower-thirds on shots that explain what they did on them.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
Re: Showreel disclaimer (a few must-haves)...
on Aug 12, 2005 at 1:35:33 am

From the reels that I've seen, the norm is to use a superimposed title that states the specific portions directly created by the artist, the date that the piece was published/broadcast and with which studio the work was produced in company of.

IE - "Client Name/Year/Studio Name/Work Performed"

As an accepted, in fact preferred option, I've seen a few reels that literally run a simple "credits" that references numbers overlaid on specific shots that correspond to a line in the credits with more detailed info. This is actually most beneficial when the shot (or shots) were done by numerous artists who might, or have claimed them as their own.

It's funny how often I get reels with work from people who are most impressive only to see the VERY SAME pieces in the next reel with no explanation as to what they did specifically. Okay, it's not really funny. Typically, both (or all) of them are promptly removed from the stack of potential hires as a matter of principal.

Also, if you are going to provide someone with a reel of your projects on DVD or other high-quality medium I implore anyone who has a stake in their professional reputation to lay a logo or watermark, no matter how simple or elaborate over the completed reel so that it makes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]