FORUMS: list search recent posts

what goes into a good reel?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruby Gold
what goes into a good reel?
on Jul 12, 2005 at 11:24:42 pm

I'm new to the biz and don't know what a good reel (on DVD) should look like, or if there's a kind of standard way of organizing and displaying your work on a reel. I don't have a lot to show yet, and want to present what I do have (obviously) in the best light and in a structure that is appealing, professional and easy to navigate.

What I've produced so far are a number of "biographical documentaries"--essentially Biography channel-like documentaries for ordinary folks. I also shot and edited a 25 minute documentary about the creative process and have done a little bit of editing work for nonprofit pr types of productions. Most of what I've shot (and lit) are talking head/interviews.

I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions on the best way to construct a reel that shows my skills in shooting, lighting and editing. Any good tutorial or set of examples that anyone can point me toward wd be great.

thanks!

Return to posts index

john
Re: what goes into a good reel?
by
on Jul 13, 2005 at 12:51:25 am

Check out the reels on this site and read the feedback. The archives go back a long way. There is a wide variety of experience displayed. The constructive criticism of specific work can give you a lot of insight as well.

Also, look at demo reels from design houses (do a search). From the good ones you'll get an idea of what the latest trends are.

Cheers,

John

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]