FORUMS: list search recent posts

My reel...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Remde
My reel...
on Jul 2, 2005 at 9:23:47 pm

Hi,

Just put my new reel up online along side my old reel...any feedback would be appreciated...

http://www.infotainmentgroup.com/reel

Thanks,

Christian Remde

Return to posts index

hockmasm
Re: My reel...
on Jul 3, 2005 at 6:18:39 pm

Great new demo reel. It is very impressive. How long have you been editing?

The only problem I have with it is the "Get clear" "Stay clear" segment. The font and text design is pretty basic and amateurish looking. Especially over that simple background.

The rest of your reel is so much better compared to that.

I suggest taking the "get clear, stay clear" part out. You want to start your reel out with your most impressive stuff first, and I feel that the "get clear, stay clear" part is your worst stuff, and could turn someone off from the gate.

When I first saw your reel i thought your title sequence was cool and then i saw the "get clear, stay clear' and thought, this stuff is going to suck, and then I saw the next stuff and was like Wow!

You want to keep your viewer going, this is great, this is better, this is Wow!

Peace
Stephen

Return to posts index

Christian Remde
on Jul 3, 2005 at 7:16:13 pm

That's good input thanks...yeah, I think I'll swap it out with something else...

Christian

Return to posts index

Ross
by
on Jul 4, 2005 at 1:40:40 am

Your open was most impressive. Was underwhelmed when you got to the green plastic type, and stopped watching.

Return to posts index

Christian Remde
on Jul 4, 2005 at 4:46:12 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what the other guy said...anything else?

Return to posts index

reggie prescott
on Jul 5, 2005 at 12:00:32 am

not sure why flash is ever used as a medium for video. quicktime prefered always. never as choppy and artifact riden as flash. this may improve, but now, no good.

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on Jul 5, 2005 at 12:25:26 pm

Nice work, in general. However the music track seems like a total last minute add on. There was no synergy between the two. Maybe try another track and try and get it work with the picture better.

cheers

Peter McAuley
Axyz Edit
Toronto
G5 dual 2.0
4 gigs ram
FCP 4.5 HD
QT 6.5.2
Kona 2 v1.1 with K Box
4 X 250 gig external F800 Lacie firewire drive
2 X 23" Apple cinema display

Return to posts index

Christian Remde
on Jul 5, 2005 at 6:13:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for the feedback...I appreciate the positive things that everyone said and will take the criticisms to heart.

Thanks again,

Christian

Return to posts index

hockmasm
on Jul 10, 2005 at 9:00:22 pm

hey chrisitian. can you tell me how you did the SIGNATURE Effect?

How did you have the word write on. what did you do to create the particles, and how did you have it lead the write on.

thanks

Return to posts index

Christian Remde
on Jul 11, 2005 at 8:02:11 am

I created the "write on" effect using a lot of animated masks...once that was done, I created the particles in Trapcode's Particular. I had the emitter follow the logo as it wrote on (animating it frame by frame), keeping it just a little ahead of the mask so that the particle trail hid the hard edge of the mask...since they were all 3D layers, I just animated a camera around the effect. Creating the animated masks was the hard part...Particular is easy and works like a dream.

p.s. I've got a newer version of my reel up at my new site: http://www.christianremde.com" target="_blank">http://www.christianremde.com

Christian Remde
http://www.christianremde.com

Return to posts index

David Owen
on Jul 20, 2005 at 3:14:16 pm

[reggie prescott] "quicktime prefered always"

Versus Flash? Absolutely! I prefer Windows media files for controlability and quality/efficiency of compression.

Nice reel & overall treatment!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]