FORUMS: list search recent posts

1st demo reel ever, give it to me...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny C
1st demo reel ever, give it to me...
on Jun 29, 2005 at 9:02:42 pm

I've been looking to this forum for inspiration for quite a while, now it's time to submit mine. Give me some feedback, it's all appreciated!

http://www.edgecore.net/video/ec_demo_reel.wmv

http://www.edgecore.net/video/ec_demo_reel.mov

thanks,
JonnyC

Return to posts index

reggie prescott
Re: 1st demo reel ever, give it to me...
on Jun 30, 2005 at 2:08:12 pm

well, it needs work. not sure what it's for. shooting? editing? graphix? all? the music isn't very supportive. not sure what else to say.

Return to posts index

johnandjamie
on Jul 1, 2005 at 12:31:01 am

I actually thought for a first time it was pretty good. The opening logo animation is pretty interesting, but the one thing that doesn't do it for me is the squawking sound in the song. Kind of annoying. Anyway, decent in my book.
John Conn
dotConn Productions Videography
http://www.dotconnproductions.com

Return to posts index

john falchi
on Jul 5, 2005 at 8:27:58 pm

Good first effort.

I agree with one of the other comments. What are you selling? Graphics? Editing? Both? That's unclear.

I also agree that different music could work better. Killer music can make a world of diiference.

Who is your audience? If its local businesses the work in general is sufficient.

However, if you're trying to reach higher end clients or using this to gain employment with a graphics house, you need to up the antee a bit.

You obviously have skills. It might be good to have some edgier/more cutting edge stuff in there. Something that shows some personal style. Check out demo reels from some well known graphics houses. On Apple's site there is a Pro section that profiles different graphics houses every week. Looking at their reels might be a good start.

Also, what you currently have could use a cut. It feels too long for what you're presenting.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

John

Return to posts index

Jonny C
on Jul 11, 2005 at 8:55:01 pm

Thanks for the input and suggestions. I am producing/shooting/editing for a small marketing promotions firm. So as you were asking who am I targeting and what am I trying to sell? Local/regional clients. Shooting, graphics/compositing, editing, all of the above is being offered. I plan on this reel being a work in progress but for now it had been long overdue, as we opened shop last Sept and are now just getting a demo reel together...been too darn busy...that's a good thing, right? I would consider different music for sure, but I did like this piece and it did seem to serve the reel. I am a musician though and would prefer to add my own composition to support this reel.

I will post again once I'm updated the reel. Until then, I invite any and all new comments.

thanks,
JonnyC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]