FORUMS: list search recent posts

New reel and website

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pwaszak
New reel and website
on Jun 27, 2005 at 5:15:07 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have a new website and reel up and running. You can check it out at http://www.redlynxavs.com/

I also wanted to thank everyone who comment on the last version of the reel . . . the previous consensus was that it was too long. I managed to trim it down by :30, and I now agree that berevity is more effective. Thanks everyone!

On a side note, this is a great community filled with talented people!

Return to posts index

Ross Goldstein
Re: New reel and website
on Jun 27, 2005 at 7:19:39 pm

Hi, I was really excited to check out your stuff, but it is taking forever to download. Too long. I'm running a G4 laptop, quicktime 7, with a blazing fast ethernet connection so it shouldn't be a problem. Hope things get up and running because I'd like to see it.
Nice simple and clean design on the website though.

ross

Powerbook G4
Mac OS X 10.4.1
Memory 1GB DDR SDRAM
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Jun 27, 2005 at 8:22:38 pm

Hmmm . . . was the montage even taking a long time? Or just the news items?

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Jun 28, 2005 at 12:59:50 am

Hi,

It loaded right up for me. I liked it. The Psycho clip I thought was a little weak and maybe should be towards the end. And the HBO clip I thought was hard to see that it was a composite clip. I first thought it was just a clip from the Sopranos. I'm not really sure what you'd do to make it more clear. I like the music a lot. Good choice.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim

Return to posts index

joshua spool
on Jun 28, 2005 at 11:17:40 am

yeah I liked it man. Solid reel. I like the way you did the intro on there with the name tag thats hot. and the music does go well with the flow of the piece. but you definitly need to work on ur compressions. I got a t3 connection & the clip is dragging ass. What did you compress it with ? Also what aspects of the HBO piece did you produce?

J-
josh spool
digital artist
http://www.jmsdigital.com

J-

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Jun 28, 2005 at 1:10:34 pm

Hmmm . . . I need to look into it. It's a 25 meg QT, Sorenson compressed. I have a new version that I'm going to be uploading that's about 18 megs, and it should be streaming. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the comments!

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Jun 28, 2005 at 3:09:30 pm

OK, so I put up a new version of the Montage. I compressed it in Squeeze, and set it for streaming. Could all of you who have had problems playing it give me a quick test and tell me if it plays or streams any better?

Also, I made a few changes based on your suggestions. Thanks a lot for the critique!

Paul

Return to posts index

john falchi
on Jul 5, 2005 at 10:02:51 pm

Paul,

I remember the previous version.

The new cut looks great!

Cheers,

John

Return to posts index

pwaszak
on Jul 12, 2005 at 2:50:09 pm

Thanks John. Your solid advice was key in getting it into the shape it's in now. Thank you so much!

Paul

Return to posts index

Gusto
on Jul 8, 2005 at 8:23:16 pm

Sweet reel. I just graduated from Collage in Ontario Canada, and I've seen just about every reel you've posted up here. Never fails to inspire me.

Thanks a lot

Gusto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]