Demo Reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Niemeyer
Demo Reel
on Jun 10, 2005 at 6:47:49 pm

Here is a link to my reel online:

http://www.hoteltv.tv/videos/jtn.htm

I realize that the 10min download is annoying, but I don't really know how to make it stream while downloading.

Anyway, any feedback either positive or negative would be appreciated. Thanks

Justin

Return to posts index

maxrez
Re: Demo Reel
on Jun 10, 2005 at 7:53:57 pm

Justin,

Nice work. At some points in the demo the music was streeing me out. A little too monotenous for the slower transitions. Try varying the tempos and type of music a little. That's just my personal taste. The work looked great! The 10 minute download was a bummer, but I am sure you are working on that for potential clients to your website.

My 2 cents.

Steve

Return to posts index

Gregg Brent
on Jun 11, 2005 at 3:40:32 pm

i agree music needs to change up a bit. i really like the beginning.. nice work! the medical stuff at the end seemed strange and didn't fit into pace of the rest of clip.. also kind of creepy..i'd cut out all that needle, breast, med stuff.

i like alot of your transitions too

Return to posts index

Patrick McLoad
on Jun 12, 2005 at 4:11:45 pm

Enjoyed the reel; nice stuff. Download was under 2 minutes (cable) so no biggie there. Music didn't bother me either, but I'd lose the medical stuff at the end as well. Maybe replace it with manufacturing graphics or animated re-assembly of 3-D parts of a power drill. Anyway, great stuff...wish I had that talent. What software did you use?

Patrick

Return to posts index

Justin Niemeyer
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:18:09 pm

Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean on the medical pieces, I'm just trying to showcase the variety of projects I've worked on. I like the idea about the drill though, thanks.

To answer your questions about software:

3d Studio Max
Combustion
After Fx
Photo Shop
Illustrator
Particle Illusion

Return to posts index

joshua spool
on Jun 20, 2005 at 4:42:17 pm

Do you work in fort lauderdale? you guys have the huge sign on the window that reads" help wanted: non linear video editors" ?? Thats the only time I have ever seen a help wanted siogn like that. it's hysterrical. you can get your video to stream through cleaner pro or just through qt pro in the options select prepare for streaming.

J-

Return to posts index

Vidmachine
on Aug 16, 2005 at 9:19:32 pm

Hey how do I contact you regarding projects in Fort Lauderdale. Do you have your own website?

Mike V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]