FORUMS: list search recent posts

showreel | walter gilbert | may 2005

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Gilbert
showreel | walter gilbert | may 2005
on Jun 4, 2005 at 11:57:51 am

Hi, this is one of my first posts, basically Ive just finished a 4 year degree in visual effects at the university of teesside in england and made this showreel and portfolio website to try and help me get a job!

The work is all done in combustion, softimage xsi, adobe photoshop and adobe premiere.

online portfolio
showreel (small - 11mb)
showreel (large - 22mb)

Return to posts index

tristan tumble
Re: showreel | walter gilbert | may 2005
on Jun 4, 2005 at 8:40:01 pm

i like that you show how everything was done, with all the different layers as it developed, but it is obviouse that there are only 2 or 3 different projects on it....

i like the ipod stuff....

keep at it, you have great skills.

Return to posts index

James Zito
on Jun 6, 2005 at 12:44:54 pm

One thing I'd add is that it's probably not a good idea to list the programs at the end of your reel. I've read on here a bunch of times that it kind of tells the person watching that you only know those programs. What's really important is the reel itself.

-Jim

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Jun 6, 2005 at 4:26:37 pm

Ya got a good start here. I would spend some long nights working on some fictional clients to give you some more stuff for the demo. I would not worry about how long it is I would just get maybe two or three more pieces for it.
As far as content the shot breakdowns is what gives your demo some strength. Be careful how many times you do it. Try breaking it down different ways that would help give it some diversity.
A side note the beach on the ocean shot looks a bit out of place. Too clean and yellow I think.
Also the software at the end, I will second that it is a bad idea.

keep it up
vinnie

Return to posts index

Walter Gilbert
on Jun 8, 2005 at 11:23:38 am

Thanks for your input guys, really helpful and will definitely bear that in mind. I have some more stuff I could put in there...I just need to work on it some more to make it up to scratch. Thats probably the hardest thing when your just starting out is to get a reel of quantity and quality.

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
on Jun 8, 2005 at 3:36:05 pm

...the ipod thingy..very well done...im just curoius though...why model it when what you have it doing nothing out of the ordinary...what i mean is...you basically could've done that in camera...just seems like alot work for something not that impressive...don't get me wrong it looks great...i just wouldve liked to see some kinda animation to it...something that requires it to be modeled and not just shot....

Return to posts index

Gregg Brent
on Jun 11, 2005 at 3:44:36 pm

i think showing how you built the scenes was cool but maybe only showing one is fine.. then let work speak for itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]