FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Something revised, something new....

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christian Glawe
Re: Something revised, something new....
on Jun 2, 2005 at 1:58:07 am

I think I understand your point, but....

The Loews program I did has stars all over it. That's what it is. Just about any footage I use from that program is going to have movie stars in it. Does this mean I'm not to use any of it? I edited and did GFX for about 25 half-hour episodes of that program. It's a significant part of my resume.

I thought that stringing together a movie shot, followed by a "behind the scenes" shot, followed by an interview shot with John Travolta's lower third would suffice to communicate that I didn't edit Swordfish. The composite with Anjelina Jolie is from the same program. If you're referring to just the very first shot after the title card where he says "Go!", well, okay then... I can understand how this could be ambiguous.

All compositing/graphic design in the reel is mine... with the exception of the Jack Hanna title card. But I felt it was important to efficiently communicate that I edited Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures. I have been more than up-front about this to anyone I've handed my DVD to.

Please be aware, this demo is distributed as part of a DVD with a list of my credits, sample segments, and a GFX reel featuring more of my graphics work.

I realize that there are a lot of people in this business who have no problem putting stuff on their reel that they didn't have anything to do with - or misrepresenting what they did do on a particular project. I'm not one of those people.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments.... I appreciate it!

Christian Glawe
editor/compositor
svpchris@yahoo.com
http://homepage.mac.com/christianglawe/iMovieTheater5.html

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]