FORUMS: list search recent posts

Couple broadcast promos

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JR
Couple broadcast promos
by
on May 24, 2005 at 3:08:21 pm

sorry not a demo reel, just couple of broadcast promos---feedback ? Plz keep in mind i only get a day or two max to design/composite and edit.

Thanks for input

JR

http://home.indy.rr.com/hive/Meth_.mov

http://home.indy.rr.com/hive/Trackteam_.mov

Return to posts index

JR
Re: Couple broadcast promos
by
on May 24, 2005 at 3:12:36 pm

opps, sorry lost control of my trigger finger, it does that from time to time !!!!

Return to posts index

Kevin Herrin
on May 24, 2005 at 7:59:39 pm

I was curious on how you did the moving lines in the racing promo. I am guessing that you made them illustrator and then masked it and then move the mask. I know this is probably pretty basic, but i was curious though. Great work by the way, especially if you did this in a few days.
Kevin

Return to posts index

JR
by
on May 25, 2005 at 4:22:22 am

Race promo was done in Cinema 4d and composited in After Effects using .aec files. -those were used for the camera data only to match moves in A.E. and yes it was done in 2 days only. Would have liked to had more time...but you know how that goes.

Meth spot was done entirely on discreet smoke.

Thanks for checking them out

JR

Return to posts index

Christian Glawe
on May 24, 2005 at 5:48:39 pm

Cool!

Couple nitpicky things:

End of Meth spot, the syringe covers the "6:00"... maybe should be behind it?

Racing Spot - maybe needed some sort of generic, blurred moving background... the composite you did is very cool - just wondering if the background is a little stark.

Audio mix probably needs a bit of tweaking, although could be a by-product of the compression for web - at end of Racing, the SFX almost overpower announcer.

Very nice work!

Christian Glawe
editor/compositor
svpchris@yahoo.com
http://homepage.mac.com/christianglawe/iMovieTheater5.html

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Return to posts index

JR
by
on May 24, 2005 at 8:13:02 pm

Thanks for feedback, sorry Audio got really chewed when I squeezeed it down.

Return to posts index

Christian Glawe
on May 25, 2005 at 1:57:42 am

What rate did you encode the audio at?

Y'know, I'm one of those editors who's really finicky about audio... I will (and have) sacrificed a 100 or so Kbps on the video so I can keep audio at Stereo and at 128K. Sometimes real problems develop when taking a stereo master, and then encoding the audio in mono.

Just so you know, when I look at demos on my computer, probably at least 80% of the time I'm wearing headphones.... I'll bet there are other people who are the same way.

Christian Glawe
editor/compositor
svpchris@yahoo.com
http://homepage.mac.com/christianglawe/iMovieTheater5.html

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Return to posts index

Michael Nadell
on May 25, 2005 at 9:51:09 pm

I'm not sure if the quicktime is representing your work properly, but here's my 2 cents...

Many of your titles underneath or next to your boxes (from the quicktimes) don't look like they are close to safe title... did you scale the movies for QT encoding?

The "The only team to watch" segment looks way out of safe title....I realize there is audio re-enforcement but unless your are watching on a plasma tv or a tv that scans that far out I doubt that your text is gonna be readable (mind you I didn't drop the quicktime into After Effects to check safe title...it just looks like you are pushing your titles far into past safe action....

Return to posts index

JR
by
on May 25, 2005 at 10:39:30 pm

Being in broadcast and having to listen to engineering bitch that's the first thing you check. So to answer ur question they are in safe title...You are correct in the fact that they are not in safe title all the time, which was my plan to reveal them using 3d space. Certainly if i would have had more than 2 days to design and complete i would have tweeked many things. But as they say- hindsight is everything. Thanks for taking the time to watch and feedback.

JR

Return to posts index

Michael Nadell
on May 26, 2005 at 8:43:07 am

By the way... I really did like your use of the 3d space. It gave the spot alot of energy. Cool look!

Michael

Return to posts index

matt stoltz
on Jun 1, 2005 at 1:40:33 am

Hey JR - I think I saw the race promo on TV -Very cool --my question

What are the advantages to do that in Cin 4d when it looked like you could have acheived most of that in AE-just curious -Been wanting to learn Cin 4d

by the way --did you see ABC's "speed city" open to the race --very cool

matt

Return to posts index

JR
by
on Jun 1, 2005 at 3:15:26 am

Doing that in c4d was a snap. Other than the 3d boxes and the 3d indy cars at the end, i guess it all could have been done in A.E. Well, i guess u could use invigorator. I didn't have the time to monkey around making that in A.E. Using Cinema 4d makes that stuff easy. I rendered out a .aec file and did final composite in A.E from c4d.--thanks for watching

And yes i saw speed city, very nice

JR

Return to posts index

JR
by
on Jun 1, 2005 at 3:54:02 am

Wow, if this audio were for client approve i'd care, but its just a 2.5 MB web video. Use ur imagination and turn up the headphones. :)

Return to posts index

Ken Knowles
on Jun 2, 2005 at 5:47:47 am

For some reason, I can't get your links to work.

Ken Knowles
Knowles-McNiff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]