FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Help with Wedding Videos

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adinelt
OT: Help with Wedding Videos
on May 18, 2005 at 4:49:03 pm

This may not be the proper forum to ask for advice, but here goes.

I am going to be video taping a wedding for a co-worker in a few weeks and would like to know if anyone has any tips or links to websites on how to do this properly. I am in no way a professional at video taping, but am not a total newbie either. I am planning using two mini-dv (JVC and Sony) cameras. One camera will be on a tripod to capture the big event and sound, with the other camera being hand held for close-ups and shots of the people attending the wedding. Afterwards, everything will be edited onto DVD using Vegas Movie Studio.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide...
Al

Return to posts index

George Loch
Re: OT: Help with Wedding Videos
on May 18, 2005 at 5:12:43 pm

I suggest you check out the event video forum here at the cow. They will give you a lot of good info. Be sure to ask fro Doug Graham's wedding video article that covers all of the basics.

-gl

Return to posts index

maxrez
on May 18, 2005 at 6:56:20 pm

adinelt,

Borrow a second tripod for the ceremony. It will help in editing the footage together with the second camera. On the wide shot camera, usually at the back of the church or place of ceremony you can record natural sound, but you might consider a wireless microphone on the second audio channel for micing the groom. This will re-enforce the sound of the ceremony and help record the vows. On both cameras record the full ceremony. This will help in syncing the footage in post production to cut back and forth on the ceremony and give you back up audio as well. For pre-ceremony, besides getting the bride and groom getting ready you might want to record a message to each other. It's pretty sentimental. For the reception hand held is great, because it's a one camera shoot with lots of motion and movement. Check out the Event Forum and bounce ideas of other shooters. Have fun and be creative.

Steve

Return to posts index

Dave
by
on May 19, 2005 at 5:35:30 am

There is a good article in Videomaker this month about syncing a two camera shoot. Check it out. I just shot my first wedding (a freebie for my neice). I set up one camera at the front of the church and let it run the entire time. I moved around with the second camera. Loaded the fixed camera clip into track one of PPro, then brougt in the roving camera clips. I was able to sync the two tracks using flashes and some audio as cues. This worked great! Its good advice to keep both cameras running the entire time. I didn't do this and wish I had. Between the two you should be able to put together a good continuous audio track. Switching between the two cameras really makes video have life. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]