FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Short Horror Flick

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RJ Hannigan
My Short Horror Flick
on Apr 19, 2005 at 3:10:19 am

Its my dollar baby for festivals...Theres a few compositing shots that still need work...but I wanted to get some feedback...only the quicktime is up right now

http://www.rjhannigan.com/suffer.htm

enjoy! and let me know what you think

Return to posts index

adinelt
Re: My Short Horror Flick
on Apr 19, 2005 at 4:40:03 pm

Tried to view the movie using IE 6 and Win 2K SP4, and got no sound or video. The scroll bar moved as though the movie was playing, but there was no video or sound.

Return to posts index

Chris S
on Apr 27, 2005 at 3:50:04 am

Loved it. Very good directing. Any pointers or links on how to direct properly?

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
on Apr 27, 2005 at 2:06:20 pm

http://www.fangoriatv.com/kshorts.html

http://www.exposure.co.uk/makers/minute.html

more of indie filmmaking in general

Regards,

R.J. Hannigan

Return to posts index

Michael Nadell
on May 10, 2005 at 3:23:01 am

Title sequence is cool...too long... Opening sequence is way too long....cut from the exterior to the hallway to the girls room door shot faster...don't dwell on the door opening as long...
as is the nun/sister getting dragged under the stall door...it needs to be tightened up... takes way too long for her to be "eliminated".....

just my 6 cents...

Sorry to be the ass...

Michael

Honestly, everything that I have seen could be shortened without affecting the story...

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
on May 11, 2005 at 3:08:41 pm

hey michael..i dont think your being an ass your entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong....HAhaha....j/k...actually i've been told the dragging out scene is to long by a few people...but honestly i like playing with the audience...i have a festival/screening cut which the opening graphic is alot longer with about 6 sets chalkboard scraps that progressevely get louder...by the end of it everyone in the theature is either holding there ears or laughing...the opening shots are just the establishing scenes...i wanted to convey a normal schoolyard and the slow steady into the last stall this represents the decent into mrs sidleys paranioa..i kinda see it as a slow transition from from a feeling of innocence to something more dark and evil...the scene when the lights go out is about 45 seconds longer with about 30 seconds of black/silence before the hands pop out...its all about catching them off guard...you'd be suprised how many people jumped(that was so cool)...and the dragging out part is the same as the online version which i liked having it be overwhelming and uncomfortable...its also very cool to watch people squirm in there seats...so basically i feel its all about entertaining the audience wether it be annoying or scaring them...thanks for your critique though...it always helps hearing what everyone thinks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]