FORUMS: list search recent posts

a couple editor reels questions...

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul01
a couple editor reels questions...
on Apr 8, 2005 at 4:25:26 am

hi everybody,
i am working on my reel. here is the question i have: my reel will be available online, should i worry about music rights? can i use anything i want? also i am not sure if i should cut down all my work into a short montage or if it would be a good idea to have every single clip available online aswell. i did quiet a few things but no famous glossy commercials or musicvideos (...yet), mostly promos and lowbudget music stuff.
what do you think?
my goal is to one day have an agent. but they are only interested in you after you win awards and edit snoop dogg's videos, is that true? does anybody have tips?

Return to posts index

Mike Wolfe
Re: a couple editor reels questions...
on Apr 11, 2005 at 4:14:03 pm

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have nothing to worry about. there have been multiple threads started on this topic in recent weeks discussing different views. i've been told by educational institutions and industry professionals that, yeah, technically, you probably should ask for permission. however if you were to go through the permission process, your request would, more like than not, get lost in the beaurocratic process.

something that i think should be understood, however, is that, unless you are posting your reel for sale, or are trying to make money off of it in some manner, you have nothing to worry about. if you still feel uneasy about it because of all the hoopla people have created around this topic, an easy fix would be to credit the artist and piece at the beginning and end. make a slate not unlike the type you would see on your favorite music videos, you should be alright.

Return to posts index

paul01
Re: a couple editor reels questions...
on Apr 12, 2005 at 6:50:55 pm

thanks, you confirmed how i feel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]