FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updated reel. Any thoughts?

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Hirschberg
Updated reel. Any thoughts?
on Apr 7, 2005 at 3:20:31 pm

http://lowerthird.com/reel.html

All of the stuff is in spanish from Telemundo47 in NY. Any feedback for the flag at the end would be nice as well. I made that completely in AE and I'm looking for some feedback.

Dave Hirschberg
Motion Graphics Designer
Telemundo, New York

Return to posts index

TVEdit
Re: Updated reel. Any thoughts?
on Apr 7, 2005 at 4:30:08 pm

Really nice work, Dave.

The only thing that falls a little flat for me is the graphic with the plane flying over the map. Just seems a little more simplistic than the rest of your stuff.

As far as the flag goes, it makes more of a statement by having it at the end. I'm personally a little leery of using the flag to sell stuff - I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, but it's possible someone could come away with that impression. Just watching the demo without having read that you made the flag entirely in AE, makes me wonder if it's a statement, or simply another graphic. It's a really nice flag, however....

Ending seems a bit flat to me... maybe something a bit more spectacular with your name full screen. Just my .02.

Nice, nice stuff.

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Return to posts index

Dave Hirschberg
on Apr 7, 2005 at 6:21:26 pm

Thanks for the remarks. The flag is just another graphic. I had been trying forever to make a realistic flag in AE. I was finnaly happy with the on at the end so I put it in, that's all. No statement being made.

Dave Hirschberg
Motion Graphics Designer
Telemundo, New York

Return to posts index

Thew
by
on Apr 11, 2005 at 4:00:04 am

Very nice, man,
Make me miss working in the news biz, I saw lots of diversity and differnt looks.
Was alway nice to have alot of different projects
Really makes me believe in AE again, great particle and Stroke work..
What else do you use to keep the real crisp look to it in AE.
Everything I seem to do these days looks so pastey these days unless I use 4d cinema or Maya.
But to put that out from AE.
BRAVO

Return to posts index

Eric G
on Apr 17, 2005 at 3:24:22 pm

Perhaps it worked better fullscreen but to me tilting your video to put your name on it just shrunk your display area that much more. Might want to increase the variety a bit. As for the flag, yeah that seemed awfully George W-ish. Perhaps if it wasn't right at the end or better yet, show case quickly how you put it together. Maybe start with a grid texture waving in the wind, then horizontally reveal on the usa flag. Then people know you created it. Speaking of which did you just use displacement maps and overlays or something else for that?

Rock on amigo.

Return to posts index

Dave Hirschberg
on Apr 17, 2005 at 11:22:50 pm

That's a great idea about the creation of it. I think I will use that. Thanks...
As for how I did it, I used a few still displacement maps along with an animated one using fractal noise for the small ripples, and Forge Freeform for the large waves. I think it came out quite well.

Dave Hirschberg
Motion Graphics Designer
Telemundo, New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]