FORUMS: list search recent posts

New reel

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TVEdit
New reel
on Apr 6, 2005 at 7:55:53 pm

Hey, gang....

Here's a look at the Overview to my new demo.

http://homepage.mac.com/christianglawe/iMovieTheater5.html

This will ultimately be published on DVD, with links to Broadcast, Spots, Graphics, and Corporate/Educational, so that people will be able to see complete segments and spots.

For you music licensing devotees, please be aware that 1) This is a work-in-progress, and 2) I am pursuing all available channels to get permission to use this piece of music. If your *only* comment on the demo is "do you have permission to use this music", then, please... keep it to yourself. If you have *other* comments, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for your time.

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Return to posts index

Matt
Re: New reel
by
on Apr 7, 2005 at 5:41:51 pm

Sweet, nice stuff. Left me wanting to see more and learn of what you did on the highlighted segments. I would look further.

I like your opening tag, but I would make it much shorter, as I am sure they will have your name on the DVD and attached paperwork, no need to have long title slate especially with the cool material that you have ...

I like the overall length

Nice use of "Up-Nats" within your montage...i always want more of this but that is me, maybe break into the music with a cool Up Nat that changes the pace and establishes your advance editing style and understanding of pacing...that music is perfect to stop the action allow a Up Nat to seat and then jump right back in...just an idea, give a second to breath

Nice, good idea with the DVD and extended excerpts...I would look

Are you in LA?
Matt

Return to posts index

TVEdit
Re: New reel
on Apr 7, 2005 at 6:37:20 pm

Thanks, Matt....

Yeah, the opening graphic *does* feel a little long. Actually, an earlier version was shorter, but the movement didn't feel as right... When I author the DVD, maybe you just see it the first time you put the disk in... not sure.

I like your idea of Up-Nats, breaking into the music... I might try playing with that.

All footage is from programs I edited, and all GFX are mine (with the exception of the Jack Hanna title card... I did not do that open, but I feel it has to be in there for identification purposes).

No, I'm not currently in LA... although I am looking at a relocation to either Southern or Northern California - more details can be found here:

http://www.creativecow.net/forum/read_post.php?postid=111158432122224&forum...

Thanks again for taking the time!

Pain is temporary... film is forever.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]