FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demo reel 05/Portfolio webpage

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Bourne
Demo reel 05/Portfolio webpage
on Apr 5, 2005 at 9:00:48 pm

I'm a recent graduate and this my demo reel and some other portfolio work web site. I invite you to check it out and let me know what you think. Currently, looking for a job and would greatly appreciate any input you may have. Thanks. My site is http://www.ronaldbourne.com

Ronald Bourne

Return to posts index

RJ Hannigan
Re: Demo reel 05/Portfolio webpage
on Apr 6, 2005 at 4:43:50 pm

i like the 3D stuff is that C4D?...i especially like the robot towards the end...i would cut down the reel overall seems like you stay on some clips a little to long..you should try to get it down to just over a minute...i wasnt a fan of the music you used but thats just my taste...you got some solid work here

Return to posts index

plasma
on Apr 6, 2005 at 7:59:30 pm

i think if you make is shorter, it will become sweeter. and rethink the music. dance music has been way used for reels and their montages.

Return to posts index

Ronald Bourne
on Apr 6, 2005 at 8:12:17 pm

Thanks Guys, I seem to be hearing those same dislikes about the music and too long for a attention grabbing reel. So it must be something I should look at. I appreciate your likes also. It does feel a little long and that type of music is over used nowadays. Thank you very much for your input. That is very helpful. Anymore thougths on my web site and reel that you guys may have to offer for me good and/or bad? Thanks again http://www.ronaldbourne.com

Ronald Bourne

Return to posts index

seamus
on Apr 6, 2005 at 11:23:12 pm

yeah, I'm in agreement. Cut it down in length. Some clips stay for to long. Its always better to show less. You have some great stuff, but don't be worried that things won't be seen. Just try and distance yourself from your work and approach the next cut as an editor wanting a 1 minute high energy cut. And don't get precious about stuff. Its a common mistake. But really cool stuff dude.
Just show the meat of each clip. Lose all those top and tale frames off a clip that isn't doing anything and you'll be half way there.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Apr 7, 2005 at 1:10:11 pm

Really nice work, Ronald. I didn't mind the music as much, but it is used a lot in demo reels. The only clip that I thought was so-so was the end slate with the clapboard. It looked cheesy to me. It might be because I used to use an Amiga Video Toaster and it had this lame 3D clapboard transition and yours reminded me of that. But otherwise I thought your reel looked great.

Jim

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Apr 7, 2005 at 3:42:48 pm

You got a solid pile of good work, you just need to reorganize it. Best comes first. I would suggest that you drop the Corvette end tag with the price and stuff. It looks like some of the crappy local commercials that I have made!!

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Ronald Bourne
on Apr 8, 2005 at 1:13:16 am

Thank you guys! I'm grateful for the feedback. I'm glad to hear your takes on my reel good or bad. I will take the advice and redo my demo with your opinions in mind definitely. If there are anymore takes I welcome them to voice their opinions please. Thanks again. Also a major side note does anyone know anymore web sites that have job leads? If so let me know. ***Question*** In this business like motion graphics does the demo reel really make the man? Or does politics and situations rule the job prospects?

Ronald Bourne
http://www.ronaldbourne.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]