My reel.

COW Forums : Demo Reels

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beak
My reel.
by
on Apr 3, 2005 at 4:52:56 pm

Hi,
I'm in the process of going out on my own and this is my first attempt at a reel for my newly formed company. Please look it over and give me your thoughts on how to improve upon it. I've been watching demos on this forum for a while now and I'm totally blown away by most of what I see. I respect and strive to be as good you guys.

http://homepage.mac.com/racegun/iMovieTheater11.html

I don't have a website yet but I've posted it on my .mac account.

Thanks
beak

Return to posts index

Vinnie
Re: My reel.
on Apr 4, 2005 at 8:54:17 pm

Hey....nice work. May be a tad too long seemed a bit slow in some points but I am nit picking. Good luck on your own...just remeber way you got into this business (why did I.....emmmmm)...

vinnie

Oh yeah I wanted to say I think the intro is a bit confusing and I like to see intros and outros be a bit different...thats what I like anyway.....

Return to posts index

x21x
by
on Apr 5, 2005 at 12:13:35 am

The work looks good for a start. I think you need more motion graphic elements. In some parts it seem a little slow and since the music is fast paced you may want to use faster cuts. If that is your camera work, then it looks great. Overall I just think you need to make the clips flow.

Just my two cents.

x21x@dr.com

Return to posts index

Bryce Hoover
on Apr 6, 2005 at 4:33:37 pm

I came from the market you're in. I really dig your stuff. I am curious what tools you use. It's been several years since I've talked to anyone from your place, but the last I knew you guys were doing mostly if not exclusively linear---killer linear stuff too.
Can/would you share any details? The best stuff in your market comes from Fox, no question.

-hoovdaddy
hvrmedia.com

Return to posts index

beak
by
on Apr 7, 2005 at 12:42:44 am

Thanks for checking out the demo and for all your feedback. I know its a little weak on motion graphics but that's an area I have the least experience. But I'm working on it. My comfort zone and what I like best is lighting and shooting. I shot 99% of whats on the demo. Like I didn't shot the container ship I only did the roto scope work to remove the logos.

I'm not crazy about the intro and outro either but I wanted to get some feedback before I spent too much more time on it.
I'll give it another go when I get the chance.

Hey Hoover thanks for the props. Yeah we switched over to NLE about three years ago. Most everything is done with FCP HD w/Kona or decklink cards, AE, Combustion, photoshop CS, & lllustrator. We still shoot a lot of film and recently have been shooting on the SONY XD cam which is pretty cool. It's allowed us to experiment with 24p as well. You're only an hour down the road so we should get together and network.

Thanks again, everyone at the COW just rocks.
Council Bradshaw

Return to posts index

hoovdaddy
on Apr 8, 2005 at 5:15:10 pm

email me sometime
hd@hvrmedia.com

-hoovdaddy
hvrmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved