FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modifying a MotionVFX template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenn Lindsay
Modifying a MotionVFX template
on Jun 4, 2018 at 7:47:35 am

Greetings! I am happily working with the Motion VFX Apple Motion template Project_1343 (https://www.motionvfx.com/store,project_1343,p2320.html?account=f).

I have a question about a modification I'm not able to figure out and I'm hoping for some advice. I wrote to Motion VFX but didn't hear back from them. Maybe my proposed modification is too complicated?

Let me explain my vision and perhaps some of you will have advice ☺

As you will see from the following attached screenshots, I have modified the size and content of text in the template in the second "scene."

This screenshot should give a better insight into the text scene that is actually unfolding in the timeline:

My vision is to also bring in new words traveling in the same manner (but in the direction following the new lines, from left to right) in the next scene (see the latter 2 screenshots of the "blank highway.")

I have tried to "copy and paste" text elements from the previous scene but they do not show up in the new scene (I can "copy and paste" new text phrases within the same scene and modify them but they do not appear in the subsequent scene).

I would like to ask for advice as to how to get new phrases following the atom path in the spiral scenes that do not presently have text.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Jenn

http://www.JennLindsay.com
iMac 27-inch, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7. 4GB GPU.
FCPX, Motion
MacBook Pro 15-inch, late 2016, OSX 10.12.5
* Canon C100 Mk II
* Canon T5i
* Canon Vixia HFG20
* iPhone 6S+

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Modifying a MotionVFX template
on Jun 13, 2018 at 12:14:50 pm

Modifying Motion templates is going down a big rabbit hole! I don't think there is any easy answer to your question. Because of grouping and linkages it can get really complicated, it just takes a lot of time to figure out how they are accomplishing things. A good working knowledge of Motion helps a lot.

I don't know why copying and pasting into the new scene isn't working. I would double check that the Fade-In, Fade-Out effect also got moved. Start with disabling that, then check position coordinates (zoom way out to see where in 3D space the text is.) It maybe looks like they are using Spin and Grow/Shrink to move the text. So you'd have to alter those parameters.

I hope this helps a little.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]