FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating a short 3D intro in Motion - your thoughts

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Anderson
creating a short 3D intro in Motion - your thoughts
on Mar 1, 2018 at 2:12:53 pm

If you have seen the Marvel movie openers you will kind of understand what I am trying to do here - only not copy them... I have a ton of pictures I want to scan through in a fast pace as the camera pans out revealing they are inside of a big Letter E... which then pans out further to reveal the word "expedition" only the only thing with the scanning pictures within it is the letter E.

Any ideas?? I have gotten so frustrated as a noob to Motion that I can't even get it going. Please help or maybe point me in the right direction on this?! Thanks so much. Note: this is just for a Finalcut/youtube intro and not for profit.

Return to posts index

David Cooper
Re: creating a short 3D intro in Motion - your thoughts
on Mar 2, 2018 at 5:41:17 pm

Hi Matt,

I would create the slideshow of pictures as a single motion project.
The 3d text with camera motions I would create as a separate project.

When you change text to 3d you have the option to select its material. Change the 'Substance' to 'Generic' and then select 'image' as the surface. You can then use any image or movie you have imported in to your project.

You could also create the slideshow in the same project and use the group it is in as the source for 'image' you select as your 'substance' but if you have a lot of high res pictures this might slow things down.

You may also need to play with the position, scale etc. settings for the 'substance'.

Hopefully this gets you started.

Return to posts index

Matt Anderson
on Mar 3, 2018 at 4:25:21 am

Wow that is insane! I didn't know if anyone would get it let alone respond! Thanks so much for giving me some insight. I am great with FCX I don't know why Motion is looking trying to read Japanese. Ok I will see if I can get this thing going now! Thanks David

Return to posts index

David Cooper
on Mar 4, 2018 at 12:52:08 pm

Glad I could of help. Would love to see the end product when you're done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]