FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing content

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Scott
Missing content
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:49:14 pm

Hi, I've Just spent hours populating a Motion 5 template that I purchased with images, video and text. All was going well until the screen showing the video went white. All the layers appear correctly in the layers column yet I see nothing in the view window? I suspect I've accidentally pressed a shortcut to hide everything or something stupid! Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

David Cooper
Re: Missing content
on Feb 15, 2018 at 3:44:25 pm

Go to the 'view' menu and check the 'channels' option. It sounds like you have switched to the alpha channel by mistake (I've done this before). Switch over to 'colors' and it should return. (Keyboard shortcut 'Shift + C').

If it's not this it could be a render issue I've seen with Motion projects before. I usually save, quit motion and switch back. Beyond this I am stumped and will have to leave it to the others on this forum, who have achieved greater levels of expertise than I.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Feb 16, 2018 at 9:15:37 am

[David Cooper] "If it's not this…"

I'd guess you're spot on. 😉 Except for the fact that it's not in the View menu, but rather in the Channels menu in-between the Zoom-level and Render menus. The shortcut being ⇧A for showing just the alpha channel and ⇧C for showing ALL (color) channels.

- RK

Return to posts index

David Cooper
on Feb 16, 2018 at 9:49:47 am

Hi Robin. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. The shortcut I gave was to switch back to color mode.
I debated over whether to describe the channels location in the UI or where it is placed in the menu bar.

Return to posts index

Andrew Scott
on Feb 16, 2018 at 5:55:38 pm

Many thanks, David and Robin, all is now well, my project is now back. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Andrew Scott.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]