FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP effect resolution dependent ? why?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helge Tjelta
FCP effect resolution dependent ? why?
on Sep 13, 2017 at 7:10:17 pm

Hi, I have a big video setup for some films. We are talking about 5120 x 1152. Devided into 5 screens. Screen 1, 2, 4,5 is 672w and 1152h, and the center screen is 2064 x 1152. A nice setup. 53m x 12 m high.

I'm doing a Effect for Final Cut, which is basically mattes for each screen, and rigging them for use.
Also I'm having the position of the backdrop/dropzone/clip and scale published. This way I can choose which screen to use, do panning and tilting and scale, inside the selected screens.

This all works nicely, as long as, the clip that gets this effect is at the same resolution as the effects.

Effect is done in 5120 x 2700, (Native RED 5K format).

But some of the clips is 6K, and som in 5K HD (4800 pixels wide). So when I get others resolutions, the effect does not match. The mattes get scaled, according to the different size of the original clip.

So I hade to make a 6K version, basically I scaled up the matte layer to 120% and it worked nicely...

But why is it dependent on the resolution of the clip.

The project itself is 5120x1152, but the effect has to be in native clip resolution. Is this because of the mattes?

How can I make it resolution-independent.

cheers Helge, Norway

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: FCP effect resolution dependent ? why?
on Sep 15, 2017 at 4:35:07 pm

i think you have to "nest" your matte.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]