FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Parameter Behavior named "Audio" not recognizing when audio has changed

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dirk de Jong
Problem with Parameter Behavior named "Audio" not recognizing when audio has changed
on Jul 8, 2017 at 2:51:16 am

I have a comp where I used many instances of the parameter behavior called Audio to analyze audio and use that data to drive other visual fx params - it's working pretty well but unfortunately I find that when I change to a different audio file (and I've tried all the different ways I can find to change the audio file) that the behavior instances aren't aware that the audio has changed - the visual params keep following the old audio pattern even though that audio isn't even in the comp anymore...) and this persists even after a quit and relaunch of Motion

The only way i've found to get it to recognize the new audio is to go to each behavior instance and make some change there to force it to refresh and analyze the new audio - which is really monotonous and inconvenient - the whole idea of this comp was that it could be built once and used repeatedly swapping out media assets etc. The comp itself starts playing the new audio right away so I hear the new audio but the problem seems specifically with the parameter behavior containing the audio analysis feature... If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it... I even tried rigging a parameter from all the behavior instances into a single rig parameter so that I could at least just make a change or toggle a parameter in one place to get it to update correctly all over but that doesn't even work... it's necessary to go do it one by one for each behavior instance...

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Problem with Parameter Behavior named "Audio" not recognizing when audio has changed
on Jul 9, 2017 at 10:48:45 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Jul 9, 2017 at 10:49:02 am

Sounds like a bug: https://www.apple.com/feedback/motion.html

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]