FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for documentation on title templates affecting the frame.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Looking for documentation on title templates affecting the frame.
on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:40:07 am

A lot of title plugins like chat or texting messaging plugins push the frame in FCP X upward; additively if you add more than one and require them to be grouped in a compound clip to sit nicely on the video frame.

I'd like to create my own, but I can't find any documentation that explains this behavior and how that affects developing a title template plugin.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Looking for documentation on title templates affecting the frame.
on Jun 27, 2017 at 7:27:12 am

It couldn't actually be simpler. You move the "Title Background" layer up by the desired amount. Since whatever it is you do to that layer (animation, scale, filter, whatever) is later done with whatever layer(s) is (are) below it in FCP.

- RK

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:34:04 pm

Hey Thanks Robin. I gathered that from experimenting. I guess I was perplexed that there's no documentation about this being the native behavior of using a title template. It seems like it's the kind of thing that people just happened to find out. Additionally, I would go in and immediately delete the title background and just work on the title so perhaps I never realized it's effects.

Still it seems that Apple would have something in their documentation that explains what you've described; that is unless I just missed that part in the manual.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:42:05 pm

And I see I missed the concept here. The entire time I thought the title generator itself was somehow affecting the movement of the frame when actually as you mentioned it's the animation on the title background that affects the frame.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 4, 2017 at 8:24:56 pm

I've built one recently if you'd like a copy to test for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]