FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Mask Woes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Sherman
Image Mask Woes
on Jun 21, 2017 at 9:04:48 pm

So this drives me nuts in Motion. If I have two layers in a group. One is say a graphic, the second is an the source of an image mask applied to the graphic. Then if I change the position of the group why does the image mask not track the position adjustment of the whole group, it only moves the graphic and not the image mask with it. Or it moves the image mask, but just differently than it moves the graphic. Is there any way to deal with this?

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
Re: Image Mask Woes
on Jun 21, 2017 at 10:46:23 pm

I think I've encountered some unexpected behavior with this kind of thing before and meant to investigate further when I had the chance... but just now creating a really simple test case it all seems to be working as you wish it to... here's my sample file ; 11458_maskmoves.motn.zip

Feel free to post a sample of what you're encountering... I want to understand how this works better too

D

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jun 22, 2017 at 9:36:04 am

It depends whether or not you have Stencil enabled in the Mask Options.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Jun 22, 2017 at 11:40:50 am

[Simon Ubsdell] "It depends whether or not you have Stencil enabled in the Mask Options."

Thanks. In my previously posted example comp "Stencil" makes no difference because the movement is at the group level and the masks are on the graphics in the group, but after reading your reply I now see that changing that comp so the movement is at the graphics level makes it clear what "Stencil" does. That's useful to know.

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]