FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing Motion Templates

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Sharing Motion Templates
on Jun 21, 2017 at 5:52:10 pm

I have a rather basic question. I like to create my own Motion templates and would like to share them with others. I was wondering if their is a way when they download the file the template automatically installs itself into the Motion Templates folder inside of the Movies folder. I thought about using Automator to do this but don't know where to get started. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Is this complicated to do? Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Sharing Motion Templates
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:39:54 am

To do what you really want requires a installer package. For commercial purposes you'd need a paid Apple Developer account with access to package maker and some training. Another option is the package installer creator included with the digital rebellion tool set which looks easy to use, but it's not as slick looking and has digital rebellion labeling on the install window.

So the trick most are doing is the drag and drop installer. Basically create a dmg with an alias of the folder you want to install into (titles, effects, Generators) and the template folder. The user just has to drag the template folder to the alias. You can find YouTube tutorials on this method, but I suggest a little app called DMG Canvas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]