Build Out duration problem when creating FCPX titles

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Fya
Build Out duration problem when creating FCPX titles
on May 4, 2017 at 12:23:42 pm

Hi guys,

Say that in your motion project (for an FCPX title) you have:
- a build in section of 60 frames (with build in marker)
- an intermediate section of 60 frames
- a build out section of 60 frames (with build out marker)

Back in FCPX, thanks to the markers, the build in & build out sections have their duration kept constant whatever the length of the title ... EXCEPT when the title length is under 120 frames (sum on the two build in/out sections). What happens then is the build in works as expected and takes 60 frames. Then the build out starts BUT is time stretched in whatever the amount of frames left.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior or at least make it symmetrical between build in & build out ?

Note: using sliders such as "End Offset" that you can sometimes have at your disposal does not work because even though they affect the duration of the build in/out animation, the build in section's length still is of 60 frames (set by the build in maker's position) ... so nothing else ca happen until those 60 frames went by.
It's nearly as what would be needed is a slider to change the build in/out marker's position in FCPX

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ron Fya
Re: Build Out duration problem when creating FCPX titles
on May 4, 2017 at 1:32:58 pm

Moreover, I have another issue with the End Offset parameter of the Sequence Text behavior.
When you change it, the build out duration is shortened, BUT still starts from the build out marker, therefore ending before the end of the project's timeline.

This is not what is usually expected, which is the duration should be shorter but always end at the last frame (i.e. meaning anchoring the right and shortening from the left). The Ramp behavior does that as expected. Not Sequence Text .... unless I am missing something.

Any idea ? Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]